Working with an ex and his new girlfriend?

Okay seriously, I need advice and pointers on how to handle the situation. Today my ex was working and he was harsh avoiding me. If I went by to talk to his coworker, he would act like he's busy or just turn around and walk away. Do you know what I mean? Like it's obvious he's avoiding me. I've said hi to him before but a couple days ago I accidentally made eye contact with him and looked away. obviously I looked like I was giving him the cold shoulder when I wasn't. Tbh I don't know if I want to even try to be nice to him. I still care and hate him at the same time. I wanted to be civil today but the fact that he was avoiding me pisses me off. How should I handle working with an ex? Anyways I'm off break... Gotta get back to work. Seriously guys, I'm getting emotional and angry at the same time. I just want to punch him. Lol

23

Most Helpful Guy

• This is why a lot of people don't "shit where they eat" so to speak. You just have to suppress your emotions and act like his behaviour isn't affecting you. The last thing you want to do here is give him the satisfaction of knowing he's hurting you with this behaviour. He's your ex, you owe him nothing, just keep out of his way at work and if you have to speak to him keep it professional.

• Thank you, I just wished we could still be civil.. If he's avoiding me to respect his new Gf or because he really wants no interaction between us, then fine I will respect that and stay out of his way... I already tried making eye contact with him to make up for giving him the cold shoulder the other day but he was actually avoiding to face me or even look at me. Not going to lie that hurt. I'll never know what he's really thinking so for now I'll just go about and do my job. I'll try my hardest to avoid scanning the room and looking for him.

Most Helpful Girl

• People have sex with people all the time. It's just sex it disn't mean anything.
    People pick their noses all the time. This doesn't mean anything either

• We were in a relationship.. It wasn't a hook up. So to me it did mean something. Either you're trying to advice me to act like he didn't mean anything to me or you're trying to make me feel like I didn't mean a thing to him?