Am I wrong in the situation?

So I have broken up with my EX for almost 3 weeks now. No contact whatsoever. Anyway, his sister reached out to me because my EX asked for my help. Obviously, I denied the help and went to my mother to vent. As I was speaking, my mother interrupts me to say how she didn't believe I was over him and etc. Now if im going to vent, I dont want to hear how im not over him and how I shouldn't even care about him. Obviously, I still love him, he's my first but I dont want him.
Anyway, my mother and I got into a big argument.
Am I wrong for even getting upset? Should I have not vented in the first place?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it really depends on how and why you guys broke up. If it was because he was cheating, or something bad that meant you got into an argument with him and broke up like that, I completely agree with you. If it was a mutual brake up, well it may be good to talk things over, but I still don think that contacting him and opening and reminding you of your relationship with him would help.
    I know your going to love him, but I think its just pathetic how some people get so upset about it. Obviously its human to feel upset, but its just stupid to sob and moan about it all day and not get on with your life.
    However sometimes an outside perspective, like me, can be more helpful and maybe your mum is correct, but your definitely right. What would you even do, there is literally no point in meeting with him or doing stuff with him. It just doesn't achieve anything if you are completely over, which you are.
    Its not bad being upset, you just need to make sure that your not going to be upset the rest of your life, so you need on the horse, and continue life without remaining so upset about something so trivial compared to the bigger picture.
    It's also good to talk to people and get things off your chest so its not wrong, but you just need to make sure that whoever your telling understands completely what your feeling. Which obviously didn't seem to happen when you talked to your mum.
    Anyway, feel free to ask for more advice

Hope this helps.

• Thank you. And yea I broke up with him because I found out he was talking to another one of his exes. He cheated before and I forgave him but this time I knew I couldnt.. I do admit that I always complained about him to my mom so this tome when I said that I was done, she didn't believe me. Its been 3 weeks and no contact and finally when I go to tell her about his sis reaching out, my kom automatically goes off saying how im not done with him and how im making enemies because of him. It wasn't something I wanted to hear especially still being hurt by the breakup.