Boyfriend smokes cigarettes, should I break up with him?

so when we started dating he mentioned that he quit smoking and I'm starting to think he only quit so I would find him more attractive because after we were in a relationship he started to smoke again and I find it so unattractive and I told him if he wants to go anywhere in our relationship then he needs to quit or i will eventually leave, am I being unreasonable?

115

Most Helpful Girl

• If smoking is a deal breaker for you, let him know. If he wants you, REALLY wants you, he'll make that leap to do it. It won't be easy, but he will. I say tell him right off that if he wants to stay with you, he has to give up cigarettes.

If he wants to quit, help him through the quitting process. Be continuously supportive and encouraging; this WILL take time to beat because it is an awful addiction. If you two love each other, though, you'll work through it. Maybe advise the vapor cigarette.

If he chooses not to give it up, and it's a big deal to you, then break up with him. There are plenty of men in this world who will love you and want you who don't smoke.

I, myself, am anti-drugs/anti-cigarettes, PERIOD. I hate the smell of cigarettes and everything they affect. I would not EVER date a man who smoked.