Is it okay to break up on phone?

I've dated this girl for months, but the relationship couldn't progress because I think she's not over her ex. She lives miles away, I don't want to travel to meet her personally to break up. Is it alright to break up through phone (not text)?
I see. I decided to meet her personally. I'll have to save bucks first - (the travel is expensive). Cheers for the opinions girls and guys.

56

Most Helpful Girl

• Try your hardest to meet up with her in person. If for some reason you can't, for example, if you can't afford it or something like that, then I guess. But try to meet her in person first

Most Helpful Guy

• You owe it to the other person to do it face to face really, that's the way I've always done it. Even if they throw a tantrum you just got to be man enough to deal with it. I've had girls break up with me on the phone before, I lost a lot of respect for them.