Is it okay to break up on phone?

I've dated this girl for months, but the relationship couldn't progress because I think she's not over her ex. She lives miles away, I don't want to travel to meet her personally to break up. Is it alright to break up through phone (not text)?
Updates:
I see. I decided to meet her personally. I'll have to save bucks first - (the travel is expensive). Cheers for the opinions girls and guys.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Try your hardest to meet up with her in person. If for some reason you can't, for example, if you can't afford it or something like that, then I guess. But try to meet her in person first

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You owe it to the other person to do it face to face really, that's the way I've always done it. Even if they throw a tantrum you just got to be man enough to deal with it. I've had girls break up with me on the phone before, I lost a lot of respect for them.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• its never ok. my ex of FOUR years broke up with me over a text.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do it in person. Always.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is ok and long distance it's ok

0|0
    0|0
  • No... thats just gay.

0|1
    1|1
    • It's 2015, lets end using the word gay as an insult. I used to use that word a lot, but I've been trying to break the habit.

• Sorry if i offended anyone I'm gay myself

What Guys Said 5

• No no no no no. I am 16 and know that to break up with a girl over the phone is one of the most shallow things a man can see do to a girl. Now if u really are 25-34 then u should know this. I assume u r younger which is ok but this is a big no. U r the man. U drive all the way to her house to sit down with and grow some balls and break up with her. The after effects of the break up will not be as bad if u r mature and nice about it. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try meeting up in person, breaking up over text makes YOU look pretty shitty and she will probably not take it as well. In person that shows that you are seriously sorry, she will more likly accept that better

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not, it's called "being a coward".

0|0
    0|0
  • It depend on her if she's so sensitive she will call u back and crying with some drama words that if she really loved u

If she's careless type no pro and maybe u will never have contact from her

I see its ok to do it

0|0
    0|0
  • No thats wrong. However, there is nothing gay about it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes