What do you think is going on?

Ok, so I started dating this woman and we REALLY hit it off. So much that we decided to move into a relationship almost immediately (little too early maybe?). We spent this past Christmas weekend (the 26th-30th) together and it was amazing. I don't think I've ever enjoyed myself quite like that (Note: we kept the sexual stuff to a minimum because I prefer to wait a significant period of time before becoming sexually involved with someone as that adds a whole other dimension to a relationship). After that, she started to be very distant and seemed like she was trying to push me away This worried and confused me to no end as she thoroughly enjoyed herself during our time together. Finally after about a week, I managed to sit down and talk to her about her change in attitude. She said it was because she wanted to end our new relationship before we got too emotionally invested in each other. When I asked why she wanted to end it, let alone so soon she said it was because all her past relationships had started much the same way and ended very badly (I know that at least 1 of her ex's was abusive and the other 2 might have been). She said she wanted to take her time and get to know me better as a friend before she "let [herself] fall for [me]". She emphasized that she was indeed interested in me as something more than a friend and that this decision was not an easy one for her to make. I asked her if that was true why had she been more than happy to have a relationship over Christmas. She said (and I quote) "When I'm with you, I forget everything". It was only after we parted ways on the 30th that she said she could think clearly and she remembered that she'd gone down this road before. She then spent the following week grappling with if/when/how to tell me what she felt because she knew "This is going to hurt him". I believe her and am somewhat ok with just being friends, but I want to hear other opinions and perspectives.

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Dont let people discourage you just cause it doesn't add up to THEM. People that have been hurt react to it in very different and seemingly strange ways. You were the only one that was there and you know how it felt. React to that and build on that.

• Thank you. That is the wisest advice I've gotten in a long while. :)