How to end an engagement?

Hi. I have been in a relationship with Luke for 3 years and engaged for 2. We are currently 24 and have known each other since we were 12.

For the past few months, I have been having doubts about the longevity of our relationship. For a start him and I differ in opinion on lifestyle I. e. He is always stressed and uses drugs to relieve that. Whereas I am a placid person who exercises and eats right. He is quite lazy and I'm not.. Etc. Etc.

He had a problem with drugs before we were in a relationship. But I have recently found out he has lied that he had quit the drugs. He also is quite immature at times and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way.

He is a beautiful person, just not my ideal partner.
I do love him. I just don't feel how I used to anymore. I don't want to hurt him too much. I just feel like we aren't right for each other.

How should I approach the breakup?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• End it. Don't settle when it comes to marriage, you will regret it later and if he's lying to you then the relationship isn't a good one.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE