How to end an engagement?

Hi. I have been in a relationship with Luke for 3 years and engaged for 2. We are currently 24 and have known each other since we were 12.

For the past few months, I have been having doubts about the longevity of our relationship. For a start him and I differ in opinion on lifestyle I. e. He is always stressed and uses drugs to relieve that. Whereas I am a placid person who exercises and eats right. He is quite lazy and I'm not.. Etc. Etc.

He had a problem with drugs before we were in a relationship. But I have recently found out he has lied that he had quit the drugs. He also is quite immature at times and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way.

He is a beautiful person, just not my ideal partner.
I do love him. I just don't feel how I used to anymore. I don't want to hurt him too much. I just feel like we aren't right for each other.

How should I approach the breakup?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• End it. Don't settle when it comes to marriage, you will regret it later and if he's lying to you then the relationship isn't a good one.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Drugs take over drug addicts life like the serious ones what kind of drugs is he addicted to?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well. He used to do everything.. And I mean... Everything!. Lol

But at the moment he is just smoking weed. And cigarettes quite heavily.

But like part of the argument last night.. He has lied about it all to me in the past so like I said to him I don't know if I could trust him

• Show All
    • At least Chlamydia has a cure.

• Yeah. Haha. Thanks. Haha the cure is the only good part about it.

• Elope with me simple. ..

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• There's no good way of ending it hey. You've just got to do it. He will be okay in time

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes