Ex boyfriend troubles?

my ex broke up with me over a year ago- i am currently dating another guy- and i am happy. :) my ex currently contacted me, and, given the fact that we didn't end on "bad terms" i did respond. it wasn't anything "sexual" of course... he ended the conversation with "i hope your new guy treats you right" from a guys perspective... what does this mean? or am i reading to much into it? obviously i was hurt when he ended it, and i'll always have something for him... but i can't ever go back 2 him how it ended... advice?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like he still likes you a bit. Though he probably knows you're not right for him in an actual relationship he probably still feels an attraction toward you and is probably feeling a bit sad that you've left him behind. You shouldn't worry about it though because it can't be helped. He's just saying that he understands it's over between the two of you and that he hopes you'll be happy with your new guy seeing as he still cares about you. :)
    I think it's quite sweet of him but at the same time I don't think he means anything by it in terms of wanting to get back together or being jealous. :)

What Guys Said 1

• I think you're reading too much into it... probably gauging how you feel about him

What Girls Said 1

• he was just nice and just hoped the best for you, which is just cute.