She had already moved on and was having sex with another already.

If you split up with a long term partner, siting reason that its not working out anymore and you are not happy and decide to split up reasonably nicely. And say we hope we can become friends when you have both had time to reflect as we don't want to lose each other.

Is it out of order (perhaps the wrong phrase, not out of order but unusual or off) to go and sleep around the following weeks after the break up.

If you respected each others feelings would you not have a few weeks off the game?

Perhaps to see if you had made the right decision?

A long term partner split up with me, over the phone and I thought I would give a week to let things settle and perhaps talk about it with her as I felt we hadn't discussed or closed it well. But by then she was not interested in discussing it and by all accounts sleeping around.

I guess I had taken time to reflect and wanted to try and save our relationship and patch things up, what a fool I am, she had already moved on and was having sex with another already.

She was the one who initiated the split. I feel like such an idiot tbh, I thought she cared about our time together more than that.

Or am I reading to much into it, and its just a rebound and that's what people do?
2
4