Love him, not his family's business, my family doesn't like him, what do I do?

I have been dating this guy for 5 months and we have had a fairly rocky relationship, as we are so very different. But I really feel that I love him. However he just revealed some serious stuff about his family and what they do (not good stuff), and it kind of scares me. My family is worried about my safety in that situation, and I kind of am too. But should I punish him for the actions of his parents? He's doing everything he can to get away from the situation to a certain point. I'm so conflicted. Any help would be appreciated.

11

What Guys Said 1

• No one should be punished for the actions of others. You should just observe him, check if he's really saying the truth and trying to get away from this situation. I warn you that when you start a relationship with someone a "package" (I mean, your partner's family) comes with the person. So, it's not likely that you'll avoid them and they'll sure be part of your life. Just ask yourself if this is what you really want.

What Girls Said 1

• Red Flags!! 1) Its only been 5 months and it s rocky 2) family doesn't like him 3) we are very different 4) it scares me what his family does How don't hear anything positive here so to me it would make sense to leave this relationship. But if you find some pros to staying then you might be able to justify all the red flags I pointed out.