We've only been on 3 dates. He rudely corrects me whenever I say something grammatically incorrect. He's a loner. I'm very social. Should I dump him?

I'm a social butterfly. I love to dance and go out. I like expensive things and he shops at Wal-Mart for his clothes. I don't think that's wrong tho. On the contrary he thinks that buying Aeo jeans are very expensive and not worth it. :/
All he does is play computer games. We're not alike. But I feel bad for him.
  • Dump him
    Vote A
  • Give him a few more chances
    Vote B
  • Be friends?
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Before somebody makes the mistake of not reading the question right, I did like him to begin with. But now I am questioning if we are a good match. I do feel bad for him if I dump him. Not cause I'm putty dating him but because it will be the first guy I ever break up with. Is that clear? I like him whiche is why I would feel bad. Cuz I have feelings for him. Keep this in mind when you give me your opinion.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you got your own money to buy expensive things than that's okay
    no he shouldn't be correcting you for your grammar i hate people who
    do them things.. When your living on your own oh will you be surprise
    the price of things it isn't easy.. You want guy who goes out and not
    playing computer games than find him..
    You scare me seriously but experience is best teacher xD

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• "I like expensive things and he shops at Wal-Mart for his clothes."

I hate you.

"He rudely corrects me whenever I say something grammatically incorrect."

I hate him.

You two are perfect for each other.

0|4
    0|0
    • yeah they are equally bad haha

• This goes for you too. I didn't judge him because of that. I judged him because when we went shopping he said $25 for jeans were too much and he was gonna stick with Wal-Mart. They are expensive to him because he spends all his money on computer games. Thanks anyways.

• Hell no dump him you already know your not going to work out.
    Oh so your lovely jeans are no good but his games are?
    He doesn't know they are good because all he ever wears is cheap clothes!
    Ditch him your not compatible.

1|0
    0|0
  • The rude corrections is enough to justify dumping him. All the rest is gravy.

1|0
    0|0
    • Clearly it's better to be underhanded AF, and lie, and date someone just because you feel sorry for them. It really sounds like she needs to be corrected. She seems like a silly little scene/club girl and she obviously prefers material bullcrap over emotional depth.

But yea, you can blow smoke out her behind if you want, and act like the guy's the only thing who did anything wrong, just keep in mind that for the rest of your life, every man who sees you is going to look at you like a traitor for acting like a white knight who only tells women what they want to hear and ignores any of their wrongdoings.

Notice how you only have 1 thumb up from one girl? I guess you told her what she wanted to hear, huh?

• I'm not here to judge her or fix her, simply giving her advice on the questions she asked. I could give a rat's ass about thumbs up/down. If the boyfriend were to post here, my answer would be tailored to the questions he was asking. It isn't about giving someone what they "wanted to hear" but simply answering the questions posed. You don't know the poster, nor do I, so whose place is it to judge? And traitor? Really? Are you that insecure?

• M_A_Xbox I'm 18 I've only had one kiss from one boy. Not even a make out sesion. So don't put me as the silly party cuz its not like that. You're giving you're opinion. I don't want emotion relationship? That why I'm 18 and never had a boyfriend? Cuz I'm just interested in physical right? You seem like you would be smart but u r off topic son. M_A_X Some of y'all act real stupid. And I say act because I hope that what it is. I need to be corrected? What cave hAve you been living in for that past decade? I buy my own shit. I have a job. Did I ask him to buy me expensive shit? No. But he needs to respect what the fuck I want to do with my money because ita not his. It's mine. I work 6 day week everyday for the it.

• You sound quite vain to be honest...

But if you can't handle him being a gamer and you don't feel a connection then think you should move on.

1|0
    0|0
    • I am vain. Because I'm beautiful. And I know that I am. But thanks for your help anyways

• those bitches don't listen to them this guy knows what's up his a futuristic men if he is a hard worker that means that this guy is going to go places at least give the guy more chances please and there's a study that says that people who buys expensive things are mostly poor ones to show they have something its a complex and people who dont give a shit are mostly rich ones even if not now in the near future just see how steve jobs weared his clothes or bill gates so grow up a bit more and you'll see what i am talking about no fence to you just trying to help you see more clear

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm 18. I'll grow up when I grow older. And honestly. Is American Eagle expensiv e? Should I be with him and if I wanna buy $80 perfume because I work everyday except Sunday is that bad? It's not like somebody hands me the money. Should I have to explain my purchases every timeI make one? I don't think that's right.

• yeah i know and you don't lets forget that guy for a sec and talk about you. you don't have to explain shit to anybody and buying expensive things don't make a person look cool or anything i have money as shit i don't i would rather stay down to earth as down to earth can be you have to pleasure your self but also never forget responsibilities that's what i wanted to say and you're right you have to live but stay cool and never bitchy cause that's a bad quality i make 50k a month from dad's company and honestly i hate it i want go alone live life like a bum not suit up for college and then suit up for the trial its hard lay low and try to be more mature its always a good thing i think

• between me and you American eagle is really shit on sale go for a prada or gucci its better and i think that nike is good too so those are what i wear try them out. when i like to buy something really cheap i go for H&M they are good always^^

• so you're pity dating him? dump him for his own good lol.

2|1
    0|0
    • This, he doesn't deserve to have to put up with you.

• Yeah, if you're pity dating him, that's really messed up, and emotionally manipulative, and I'd say he's a better person than you, but you can continue to delude yourself in to thinking that popularity can get a person to paradise.

Just remember, when you're old and worn out and nobody cares about you anymore, that this is the life you chose. You chose the flash in the pan over the warmth of the camp fire

• @M_A_X damn I never heard that second part before. nice!

• You sound incompatible - you could probably work through some of the differences but being a jerk is a dealbreaker, don't you think?

1|0
    0|0
  • 1) Use proper grammar.
    2) He is right when it comes to buying clothes. Name brands don't matter.
    3) are you taking hom shopping forcefully? I'd go lone wolf too.

0|0
    2|0
  • If you feel bad for there is no poi t continuing the relationship.

2|0
    0|0
  • Opposites attract? lol
    IMO- In the long run, I think you two will be cute if you two would adapt to each other.
    It'll take a lot of time but with the right amount of effort, you & him can make it possible.

You can start by playing an MMO with him, he'll be so shocked.
    or an FPS if you prefer blowing shiz up with him.
    Or you know, old fashion I'm gonna kick yo ass Tetris, if he's into that.

If all else fails, be friends, he'll realize what he lost and will have a choice then.
    You sound like someone who would give a guy a second chance if deserved. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• You need to end it. You guys have too many differences in important views to stay happy. Only three dates in, better to do it now than when you have invested real time. I also don't like his criticizing you and correcting your grammar... Red flag for control freak in the future with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's really rude when people do this instead of just going along with the conversation and trying to have a good time, he's honestly not making talking to him a good experience when you feel like at every turn he's gong to criticize and correct you :\ i think we get enough of that of grammar nazis online... i think try to talk to him about it and give him another chance and let him know that he isn't making talking to him fun or easy at all when you feel like he's going to correct you with everything you say, if he doesn't care then id move on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe you're compatible, just wasting good time & energy on a vacuum

2|0
    0|0
  • If all he does is stay home, it truly isn't worth buying expensive pants lol Smart man ^^ If you feel bad for him, don't date him. That's really messed up.

0|1
    0|0
  • pretty soon he'll be trying to correct and change you-he's not your mother

1|0
    0|0
  • Dump him cos your aren't compatible

0|0
    0|0
  • You guys don't click

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes