Can a guy "wait" and be faithful in a long distance relationship?

We were really close friends for a year, it took him a while even though he knew how I felt but he asked me to be his girl.

three months later he told me he loves me and I knew before that he has never loved any girl he has been with. And it took a lot for him to finally daily it and he said he loved me even while we were friends.

less than a month later, during the holidays he was expressing his concerns about our relationship going into long distance (5-6 hours travel) and it lead to a break up. Coupled with me being a virgin and the fact that we won't be spending time together.

is this common? What am I to make of what we had? (I'm 22 and he's 24)

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I was with my GF for two years. I then moved 12 hours away by car. We dated long distance for two more years then engaged for a year and then married. Been married for 28 years now.

• Its just hard to accept that its over n he didn't really love me when we had such a bond. He said he didn't wanna end up cheating n then lying about it cause even if we visited each other there's be no sex..., I'm just so sad cause I feel like I'll never meet anyone I feel that comfortable with. I waited 22 years to date and finally thought I'd found my fit.

Most Helpful Girl

• My bf and I have a long distance rs and he is 100% faithful. I know this because we have discussed having other partners, just sexually, but none of us liked that idea for ourselves.