Break-up: Should I go for it?

I'm planning to dump my girlfriend. I don't think the relationship is working the way I see it. I wanted to break up this week (I can't stand it anymore), but the thing is that we already planned to go somewhere far for 4 days next month (she already booked a flight ticket for it). She doesn't know that I'm breaking her up yet.

Should I go for it this week? Or wait next month until the 4 day trip is finished?

113

Most Helpful Girl

• Did she pay for the ticket? Usually these things aren't transferable. Most airlines allow cancelations and give a partial refund to the ticket holder (name on the ticket) only. So here's the good karma approach. If it's totally necessary break up this week, but be prepared to handover the cash equivalent of the ticket price. If she says you don't have to pay, you insist and be absolutely sure she takes the money. This way you won't be the a-hole that canceled and messed up her entire trip. Once it's done, it'd be smart to stay away from her. No dilly dally texting and being friendly just get outta there quick.

break it off direct, hand over cash, stay away

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know how long you've been with her or why you want to break up with her. But my advice is this :

Be grateful for what you have rather than what you think you want.
    Because when you lose her, a month or a year from now you may look back and really miss everything she's done for you, and she may never ever want you ever again if you dump her.

Just be grateful for what you have, rather than what you think you want.