Break-up: Should I go for it?

I'm planning to dump my girlfriend. I don't think the relationship is working the way I see it. I wanted to break up this week (I can't stand it anymore), but the thing is that we already planned to go somewhere far for 4 days next month (she already booked a flight ticket for it). She doesn't know that I'm breaking her up yet.

Should I go for it this week? Or wait next month until the 4 day trip is finished?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Did she pay for the ticket? Usually these things aren't transferable. Most airlines allow cancelations and give a partial refund to the ticket holder (name on the ticket) only. So here's the good karma approach. If it's totally necessary break up this week, but be prepared to handover the cash equivalent of the ticket price. If she says you don't have to pay, you insist and be absolutely sure she takes the money. This way you won't be the a-hole that canceled and messed up her entire trip. Once it's done, it'd be smart to stay away from her. No dilly dally texting and being friendly just get outta there quick.

break it off direct, hand over cash, stay away

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know how long you've been with her or why you want to break up with her. But my advice is this :

Be grateful for what you have rather than what you think you want.
    Because when you lose her, a month or a year from now you may look back and really miss everything she's done for you, and she may never ever want you ever again if you dump her.

Just be grateful for what you have, rather than what you think you want.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 10

• Be honest, don't let a trip dictate your choice. Let her go. She can find someone else to go or you can give her half the money back for the trip. Whether you wait or do itnow the pain will be the same for her. It will be worse if you go on the trip she'll see it as you used her.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you break up now you ought to forfeit your ticket so that she can go wherever it is with a friend so she doesn't lose the trip/money.

4|0
    0|0
  • If you don't want to be with her then break up now. It sucks that she already got a ticket but maybe she will find someone else to go with.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think its better to break up now, then lead her on to thinking everything is okay- then just dump her. she might also think you just used her to go on the trip. Its better now, then later because she will hurt less. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I say let her go. If I'm the girl and found out after (or worse during) that trip together, it's way worse.
    At least breaking up before that, the girl can use the trip to recover instead

0|0
    0|0
  • No, dragging it out is a terrible thing to do to a girl. Unless you think that trip can save your relationship, ending it sooner sounds better

0|0
    0|0
  • Why wait? If you aren't happy why wait! To be miserable and make her miserable. Be homers with her. She deserves it!

2|0
    0|0
  • If you really aren't into the relationship, you probably wouldn't enjoy the 4 days anyway

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's that bad, let her go!! Offer to buy her ticket and take a buddy

0|0
    0|0
  • Let her go. She can take the trip with a friend and have a nice 4 days without you

3|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Vacation sex may be tempting, but let her go now. If she deserves nice treatment anyway, you'll be doing her a great favor.

0|0
    0|0
  • Up to u if she's really bad dont wait if she's good but its just u I suggest u wait

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes