Does my ex still care about me or is he just being nice?

My ex and I were in a long distance relationship for over a year. However, over the summer he broke up with me because he met another girl... I was really hurt because we talked about being together and getting married.

I don't know if he's still with this other girl because I didn't talk to him after the break up. We did once, but I was too bitter at him and told him to leave me alone.

Over the holidays, he sent me some messages wishing me well. And the other day when I had some car trouble I ended up messaging him because I was freaked out and he messaged me and chatted until the tow truck came.

Is he doing this because of guilt for hurting me? Or does he still care about me?
When will be the right time to ask him about how he feels for me? Like to repair or just break off the relationship? I'm just really confused
Thanks

39

Most Helpful Guy

• I think only you can answer that question about him just being a really nice guy. Is it in his nature to be polite? Was he like that when you two were together with the people around him? If so, then there's your answer. If he's a polite guy, then he's likely being polite with you.

If you want answers, then you should ask him sooner rather than later so you don't make yourself crazy. If he's moved on, chances are he'll be willing to talk. I'd just ask him directly if he'd be willing to answer a few questions honestly about the break up and how he feels about you now. Let him know that even if the answers are hurtful, you'd still rather know the truth so you can move on. If he says yes, then proceed either in person, or over the phone, or texting. Let him set the stage so he can be at ease to answer your questions honestly. You're putting him on the spot so you want him comfortable even if your stomach is in knots. If he says no, then accept his decision that he doesn't want to talk about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep his boosie ass in the past. He will come crawling back they always do... once he sees you have moved on and are happy without him you will probably get a call but at that point forget him 😘