Does my ex still care about me or is he just being nice?

My ex and I were in a long distance relationship for over a year. However, over the summer he broke up with me because he met another girl... I was really hurt because we talked about being together and getting married.

I don't know if he's still with this other girl because I didn't talk to him after the break up. We did once, but I was too bitter at him and told him to leave me alone.

Over the holidays, he sent me some messages wishing me well. And the other day when I had some car trouble I ended up messaging him because I was freaked out and he messaged me and chatted until the tow truck came.

Is he doing this because of guilt for hurting me? Or does he still care about me?
When will be the right time to ask him about how he feels for me? Like to repair or just break off the relationship? I'm just really confused
Thanks

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think only you can answer that question about him just being a really nice guy. Is it in his nature to be polite? Was he like that when you two were together with the people around him? If so, then there's your answer. If he's a polite guy, then he's likely being polite with you.

If you want answers, then you should ask him sooner rather than later so you don't make yourself crazy. If he's moved on, chances are he'll be willing to talk. I'd just ask him directly if he'd be willing to answer a few questions honestly about the break up and how he feels about you now. Let him know that even if the answers are hurtful, you'd still rather know the truth so you can move on. If he says yes, then proceed either in person, or over the phone, or texting. Let him set the stage so he can be at ease to answer your questions honestly. You're putting him on the spot so you want him comfortable even if your stomach is in knots. If he says no, then accept his decision that he doesn't want to talk about it.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep his boosie ass in the past. He will come crawling back they always do... once he sees you have moved on and are happy without him you will probably get a call but at that point forget him 😘

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Love is without boundaries, nor rules, nor conditions. It can exist without a relationship, without anything at all.

Love means to wish the person you love well, that they receive happiness one day, if not everyday, that they live in good health, and are able to grow and learn and become awesome.

Love is not jealous, or unkind, or impatient, or selfish. Love cares without reason.

However, do not confuse love with relationship. Do not confuse love with romance.

If we talked about such things as walls of a house, we have the bricks, the cement, and the overall design/architecture of the house.

The bricks are like rules, rigid, firm, not to be moved, if you lay bricks alone without cement, the bricks can be toppled easily and the wall falls.

The cement is trust, it takes time to lay it out, and you need to lay bricks to make the cement effective. If the cement is not yet dried and you attempt to put a load on it (e. g., going overseas for an LDR), or test it (e. g. fighting, not talking with each other, and going out with friends), the floor can fall through. If you do not have bricks to strengthen it, the cement can take any shape and be flexible, but has no strength to take heavy loads (letting each other meet other people of the opposite sex for work, etc and not saying what is no accepted, e. g. close body contact, letting them hug you unnecessarily).

But that is just a house, and all relationships are like houses, for different purposes.

But love is the air. It is air that can be present even without a house, if it is good air, you can live and be comfortable, it lets you breath.

However, love is not bound by rules, it works with rules. It makes a relationship beautiful, but it can exist without a relationship.

There is no relationship here, but there is probably love. He still cares for you, but he probably doesn't picture a relationship with you.

There isn't a house built to house your projects. But its a pretty nice place to be.

0|1
    0|0
  • (Nelson from the Simpsons laugh) Ha-ha!! You a doormat!!
    Let it go girl. "If you're not hitting the beach, then you're hitting the seawall."
    You know what that means? It means if it is all coming from just your way, then there is nothing there. You shouldn't have to wonder about something like that. Stop being a crab (clingy). Let go. Move on! It is perceived as weak and IS weak behavior. He chose something else OVER you. That should be a pretty good indicator to ward of any delusions.

0|0
    0|0
  • "When will be the right time to ask him about how he feels for me?" Today, right now, so you can get off my "to-do" list. A text is sufficient. Go.

2|2
    0|0
  • Well I understand you, you still expect some hope from him but what if he breaks up with you again? Cause he did it once, and it doesn't mean he won't do it anymore... Please think on that and decide by using your mind. Good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • WOWW your in my exact predicament!!!

Look chances are is that you stil llike him. If you like him the best way to a guys heart is jelousy. TRUST ME.

Say that you met someone else and that it looks promising. I can promise you that if he still has something for you he will start creeping back. That happened to me.

I'm in the situation where the girl dumped me! haha so I'm currently doing it and it's working :)

0|0
    0|0
  • i think he still cares for you and would like to have you as a friend

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably still cares about you, but not enough to but seriously involved with you. If he tossed you to the side one already, he'd do it again...

0|0
    0|0
  • human nature..

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Long distance things never work. Give up on this and get a guy closer to you

0|1
    0|0
  • Let it go. He's prob just being nice. If he wanted you, he would say so.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes