How do I handle this situation?

To start off, I am a senior in high school, and I play football and baseball. I have a lot of friends, and a lot of people know me because my dad is the sheriff in our county. Anyway, at the beginning of the year I was talking to one of my friends, and the topic came up of "who do you like"? Only a few people knew the answer to that question at the time, so I told him, and he then told her about it. He told me that she seemed kind of excited when he told her I liked her. After our football game that night, it was all that anyone wanted to talk about on the bus. And one of my other friends texted her, and gave her my number. Two days later, she texted me. That then led to us walking around with each other at school, hanging out on weekends, and she was even my first kiss. I loved every moment with her. That lasted about a month, when all of a sudden she told me that she didn't want to be in a relationship with anyone anytime soon, and she wanted to give me my space. That was very hard for me, because she was going to be my first girlfriend. But I was ok with it because she acted like we could work something out again sometime. About a month after this happened she tweeted something that indicated that she was talking to her ex boyfriend again. When me and her were talking, she told me that she broke up with him because he was annoying, weird, and clingy. I already knew that by the way. That makes me feel terrible because I know I am better than him. No matter how hard I try, I can't get her out of my head. She is the only girl that I have ever liked. Why would she get back together with him? And what is wrong with me that she didn't want a relationship with me? Please leave responses.

10

What Girls Said 1

• I have a friend who is in sort of the same situation as you. For over a year he and this girl have been off and on with her getting boyfriends in-between while she was saying that she didn't want a relationship. It drove him crazy (well, crazier than usual lol). He was wondering what he was doing wrong, his normal straight A's dropped, it just wasn't a good situation. It only got better when he got over her. That is my advice to you. Maybe you two will be together someday, but if she isn't too concerned about it at the moment, I would put my worry about it on a back burner and concern myself with grades and college. You're a senior in high school, you will meet other people and if it is meant to be with her, it will happen sooner or later.

What Guys Said 0