How can I get over a breakup with someone that I work with?

I just broke up with my bf because he still isn't over his ex that left him. I felt like a rebound & i was so it felt like the right thing to do. I am sad & grieving because i had strong feelings for him. We both work at the mall i work in the food court as a cashier at a restaurant so im always in the front & he's a security guard so he has to walk & look around in certain areas especially the food court. We get a clear view of each other & that makes it hard for my to stop thinking of him the whole time there. Everytime i see him my heart breaks a little more

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have seen this question 1000s times in my lifetime if not more. Only one thing heals a broke heart, AND NO IT IS NOT GETTING UNDER SOMEONE NEW, it is TIME. You just have to step back, and reflect on yourself, and get yourself back in working order, then and only then you can move forward. Do not try to make it work or be a side girl, because if you put yourself there, HE WILL KEEP YOU THERE! Guys dream about getting a side girl, that is content being a side girl, because it does not happen. Girls like to "Pee on their trees" and guys like to pretend like they are single No Matter How married they are.
    So, just sit down and make a list of stuff you want to accomplish over the next 3 months, and get it done. Take a break from dating, and soon he will be just like every other ex, just another lesson in life, that got you where you are today.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if this is hurting more than helping I would just talk to him about it because odds are its hurting him too. And if he still has feelings for an ex just tell him that you are here for him and that you want to work things out with him... If that's what you want

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Do not keep anything that he has given you, just stuff them all in a box and return them to him. You 'may' keep something that has utility (and durability) like a watch or something. Everything else that carries 'momento' value, like soft toys, jewellery, etc, should be returned.

Then, NO CONTACT initiation.

An arbitrary time frame is about 2 months. Since it is his fault, only he can deal with it, and it has to be dealt with before any relationship can be established again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Knowing that he was likely using you shows that you have respect for yourself and remind yourself that you have needs that have to be met and if someone does not meet those needs, you know you are doing what is best for you. If you need closure, talk to him and tell him that you know he has to work, but ask that he try to avoid you for a while until you are in a better place.

0|0
    0|0
  • You will get over it and move on. It's to bad you can't see each other as friends.
    In time you will be able to.
    Heartbreak takes time to heal. You cared for someone and those feeling just don't shut off like a light bulb.
    One day at a time. Put yourself first. You need to find the strength to see him. It will come.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretend that he is someone that you are either related to so that it makes you feel weird when you think about him, or pretend that he offended you in a way that makes you not want to be with him. Then eventually, you will get over him

If none of the above works, then you should consider a new place of business, or a new position out of his sightrange.

Hope this helps

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're not interested in getting over him just remember there may come a time when he is actually over his ex and you could possibly try things again... If that seems like an impossibility my suggestion develop a crush on a celebrity so you can always have some as a fall back... At least in your daydreams :)

0|0
    0|0
  • no idea. leave work. there's a rule of not doing this. in highschool i wouldn't even date anyone from my school. id date girls from otehr schools. i dont shit where i eat and live

1|2
    0|0
  • Your first mistake is that you got with a guy who can't thinking about his ex gf kinda weird but every girl does know that already. Unless you don't have any friends I'm not trying to be a mean person or anything I'm just saying.

0|0
    0|0
  • You do things that make you happy... like NOT think of him and occupy your mind with other things. Hang out with your girls and live lady! Don't be stuck on stupid!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Find a new job then quit this one. Asap. Because it's not gonna get any better

0|0
    0|0
  • Rebound relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • date some else
    answerm ien

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• aw girl, im in a similar situation, I was going out with a guy from a different school, and he never came to see me all the way to my school, but then he broke up with me and is going out with a girl who was supposevely my friend, he goes to see her everyday after school. I see him everyday. holding hands and shit :/ be strong , ill try too :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Great that you left him! he will respect you for that. Dont show that it bothers you, treat him like everyone else, friendly. After showing that you dont care for a long time, you will actually slowly stop caring about it aswell. Dont seek his attention, and dont be tempted. You dont need him.
    Honestly I think he will try to get back to you after a while, but remember what happened and that it might occur again. Put yoursef first.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know the feeling. I also used to work with my bf, and when we broke up I found it easier to switch jobs. I know it's extreme, but for me it was just a serving job and he was a bartender, so I'd have to see him every time a table needed drink... so that wouldn't work for me. It's really hard but you ultimately need to do whats best for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Been there! ... I kept it cordial and short of I spoke at all. To make matters worse (or better) he started dating another girl we worked with. Which made me just about hate him... I say that to say, it could be worse! ... But be the bigger person. Appear happy. Fake it till you make it! Keep it short and sweet.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been through this, just focus on work, if you can't then unfortunately you'll have to find a new job or work a different shift or department than he does.

0|0
    0|0
  • flirt with other guys.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes