Not sure if I was broken up with via text message or not?

I've been seeing a guy I thought was really great for a few months now, and we were pretty much exclusive from the start. He's been going through a lot recently though, and we had a bit of a spat (about silly stuff) and he sent me a message saying:

I think we should not talk for a little while. I still like you more than anything but I don't want to see you get hurt. I really apologise if I've hurt your feelings but I think its best for now.

I tried sending him an iMessage telling him I'd respect his space etc. but it never went through... either because he switched off his phone (he's skiing in the Alps right now) or because he hasn't had reception... though I know its probably the former. Ordinarily we'd talk / text daily but now its been two days, which feels like an eternity.

So, guys (and girls) - was this a breakup or just an 'I need space'?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like a break up. Not replying and not giving you the opportunity to have a decent closure is a dick move though, sorry if that's not my place to say. I just know how it feels and well, it's selfish.

• It IS! Thank you -- I wouldn't have minded any sort of breakup (not that I'm crazy about getting dumped) but not having closure is the worst!

What Guys Said 3

• it wasn't a break up.

• Oeeiiii, i'm sorry. Iff he backs away like that, then dont expect to hear from him. Just move on, you deserve better then an immature kid who blocks instead of growing a pair and confront

• Can't exactly say whether its a breakup or not... Just hire another bf.. If older comes kick the hired one/ or u may make it a standby boy...

What Girls Said 4

• yeah i think it's probably a breakup... i don't think he plans on coming back. it doesn't make sense how he still likes you more than anything but he doesn't want to talk? i think he made it SEEM like just a break so he doesn't look like a jerk, but he actually wants to just end it.

• I need space and breakup seems same to me. Don't wait for him.

• For now it is a "i need space", and depends on what you do after decides wheter it is over or not. Let him feel that he doesn't have a 100% hold on you, and take a step back. Let him come back to you. Dont contact him till he contacts you. And until then be happy and do your stuff, it makes you even more attractive.

• Yes you've been dumped and the iMessage he blocked you that's why you can't send it

• Haha, thought as much. Blocking would be a bit immature though, we're not in high school! He's 27 and I'm 23...

• That doesn't matter

• She you see the message didn't went trough is cause they blocked you he can be 50 and still block you guys are not vey mature