Is it possible that someone can hate you within 5 minutes?

Okay so my ex (who at the time was my boyfriend) and I had an argument that turned out to be the end to our relationship. He went from telling me that I was the best thing that ever happened to him, to completely telling me I was and always have been the worst thing in his life. This whole time I am trying to understand what I did wrong, which was nothing, and then he tells me this: "I hate you and I never loved you and never want to hear from you again". This all happened within 20 minutes of an argument...

So can you really hate someone that easily and just treat them like they are worthless?

310

Most Helpful Guy

• If it happened it would be someone using violence or voicing prejudices or extremist political views.

What Guys Said 9

• Reminds me of the old Krishnamurti quote:

“You say you love your wife. You depend on her; she has given you her body, her emotions, her encouragement, a certain feeling of security and well-being. Then she turns away from you; she gets bored or goes off with someone else, and your whole emotional balance is destroyed, and this disturbance, which you don’t like, is called jealousy. There is pain in it, anxiety, hate and violence. So what you are really saying is, ‘As long as you belong to me I love you but the moment you don’t I begin to hate you.”

• what was the argument about? maybe it was his way of getting out of the relationship without just dumping you.

• it was about how we were both busy constantly and every time i would try to see him he was always too busy for me
      And at first I wasn't arguing with him he started giving me attitude and such

• agreed. he did it so wrong. cowardly much lol.

• a little too much i would say lol

• I believe Hitler was right, and that all babies below the age of 3 should be burned and incinerated.

See?

Ta da.

• Yeah the worst part is not understanding why it's over! Especially if they don't want to tell you.

I don't think he hates you it's just he cared deeply for you DNS now it's over so maybe his pride is hurt...

• well he sounded very persuasive about hating me after he tole me "i never want to hear from you again"

i just feel... i don't know what to feel

• That's usually what pride sounds like. Let the dust settle some then try making up

• we've tried 3 times before.. i don't know anymore

• Nooo. But depends on maturity of the guy. Real men dont act that childish. Secondly dont worry he still got feelings for you is just pride. And is not possible to hate someone that quick unless he NEVER truly loved you

• That's exaclty what Im thinking

He's too proud and that just crushed everything

• I like to think hate builds. Slowly growing like a fungus, or an infection until it completely consums it's victims, and takes over their body, mind, and spirit.

• Depends on the person. Some more than have the capacity to hate someone within a short time frame but it's hurting them more when it comes down to it. And in other cases, it's said out if anger and holds no real meaning.

• Yes, as hate is easier than love for most.

• Yeah, I one second is enough to hate some one but if she is girlfriend then no what ever the reason I will try to love again and again because she also does the same

• and we have known each other since middle school which is what is odd to me, and he's never been like that with me before until yesterday.

• May be he think this is the right way because you said that he showed attitude first.

• that's probably what he thinks.. . thank you!

What Girls Said 3

• In your situation, he was just lying to get to you. I think we've all had an ex say something like that when they realise they won't get us back. At the time, he loved you but he was venting his anger in a negative way.

Personally, I can hate someone within 5 minutes but I couldn't genuinely hate my boyfriend in that time frame.

• His an ass i think his trying to blame you for his own issue

• Maybe he just said it in the heat of the moment or in my actual opinion he was planning it all along.

• well it did seem he was planning it all along

it was all very confusing and it still is

• I always think we should give ourselves time before we do so for others.

• @7partparadigm

And yes you are right