Did his parents make him dump me?

1) We dated for 4 months, got to know each other over the course of a year
2) We're teens
3) His reason for dumping me was that he just wasn't ready for a relationship, but he said that we could still be friends
4) He seemed VERY INTO ME until one week prior to the break up, when he was a little less physically affectionate and didn't see me quite as often (but that could be because of parental intervention--see 9). When he was planning our last get-together (aka, when he dumped me), he seemed desperate to see me again (so either, he was DESPERATE TO DUMP ME or his parents were forcing him to ASAP)
5) Up until MINUTES before the break up he texted me ALL throughout the day (as he always did after we started dating) asking about my opinions, interests, what I was up to, giving me updates about his life, saying good night, etc.
6) I was recovering from surgery... so maybe he just texted all the time because he felt bad for me? We discussed many other things beyond how I was recovering though
7) He bought me flowers about a week before the break up due to my injury
8) He always kept up with doing me little favors/being a gentleman
9) One of his parents (who he is VERY close to/who he allows to control nearly his ENTIRE life) made it clear they did not like me.
10) He is very passive and aims to please his parents first and foremost

Do you think his parents made him dump me? Please be honest. Thank you!

• Yes
  • No
Can more people please vote? Thank you so much!
Only got two votes... not much to go off of. Can anyone else please give input? Thank you!!!

21

Most Helpful Guy

• No, unless this guy is less than 18, I don't think that his parents can be held responsible, really.

Try asking him what happened (hard, I know). In the end, though, it was him that broke it off, not his parents. He needs to be responsible for that, even if his parents were involved.

Best of luck to you.

• He is less than 18

• ^Thank you, I'll definitely think about that. Also, did you vote in the poll?

• Yes, I voted no before I knew the young man in question was only 17, and therefore still reasonably subject to the will of his parents. I think I could vote yes now honestly.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• You'll never know for sure unless he tells you specifically, but he made the decision, he dumped you. If his parents gave him a choice or something then he didn't value you enough to choose you. Try asking him about it.

• How old are you guys?