Would you stop dating someone without telling them?

In the last few months I've dated 2 women, the first for about 2 months, then when this ended I went out on 2 dates with another girl. This now seems to not be going anywhere also.

Both times it was the girl ending it. I was sad about the first one ending as I really liked her. The second was a nice girl but I never really saw her has a girlfriend anyway so I wasn't too bothered.

The problem I have is the way both ended things. Neither of them told me. They just started to ignore me, stopped replying to messages or answering calls.

The second one maybe is not such an issue as we only went out twice. Surely though, the first one should have told me. We were talking to each other every other day for 2 months.

How many of you would end dating someone like this, or would you always tell them you were ending it, or would it depend on how long you were dating for?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It surely is the easiest and most cowardly way to end a relationship. I have never done it and wouldn't, and would be very upset if someone just cut me off rather than tell me that he doesn't want to pursue things with me. It's never nice or easy to tell someone that you don't see a future and don't wish to see them again, but I think that if someone gave you some of their time, you owe it to them to be respectful and not just disappear off the face of the world.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I've actually done this before and I'm a girl. In my situation nothing was really official... we went on a few dates but everything was so casual it seemed like it would have been awkward to straight out say "it's over" instead of subtly ignoring him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow no never. This is even worse than telling them in my opinion. I find it cowardly that one can consider themselves of that much importance to just leave someone without the decency of letting them know. It hurts so much more to be left without warning.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aww, that's not nice :( Sorry that happened! I would feel bad if I ever did that. If you aren't interested in someone anymore, they deserve to know that much. Communication is a key part in any relationship. I say they're lacking some major communication skills and that's only going to go against them in the future.

For your sake, it's good they did that because you now see what kind of girls you don't need.

0|0
    0|0
  • no I wouldn't do that

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• No thats fucked up...

0|0
    0|0
  • People who do this are just shitty, they are out there though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes