Would you stop dating someone without telling them?

In the last few months I've dated 2 women, the first for about 2 months, then when this ended I went out on 2 dates with another girl. This now seems to not be going anywhere also.

Both times it was the girl ending it. I was sad about the first one ending as I really liked her. The second was a nice girl but I never really saw her has a girlfriend anyway so I wasn't too bothered.

The problem I have is the way both ended things. Neither of them told me. They just started to ignore me, stopped replying to messages or answering calls.

The second one maybe is not such an issue as we only went out twice. Surely though, the first one should have told me. We were talking to each other every other day for 2 months.

How many of you would end dating someone like this, or would you always tell them you were ending it, or would it depend on how long you were dating for?

52

Most Helpful Girl

• It surely is the easiest and most cowardly way to end a relationship. I have never done it and wouldn't, and would be very upset if someone just cut me off rather than tell me that he doesn't want to pursue things with me. It's never nice or easy to tell someone that you don't see a future and don't wish to see them again, but I think that if someone gave you some of their time, you owe it to them to be respectful and not just disappear off the face of the world.