I just broke up with my bf. He text me back saying he was glad it was over and That he'd decided not to change my mind, then he wished me well. Why?

Why did he react like this? I take it he never liked me?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard to take someone who once had feelings for you leaving you, all rejection is hard but that's the toughest.

He's just trying to deal with that. One way is to tell himself that he never cared that much anyway so it isn't a big deal. He doesn't mean that.

The fact that he felt the need to tell YOU this tells you all you need to know. He's not only trying to convince himself that he isn't hurt, he's trying to convince you too, which shows he still very much cares what you think.

If he never liked you and genuinely didn't care he wouldn't say anything, just shrug and walk away.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Nah that's how he has to be to get over you. You tell yourself that she was this awful awful person anyway and you're much better off having left her behind. It still hurts but after a while you start to believe it and then you're ready for the next opportunity. Also him being a di. ck about it is probably the best for you too, as you can do the same, but if he held your hand and coddled you through the whole process it'd be a lot tougher to detach.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he was fed up of you and your relationship and is glad it is over. He also could be saying this because he's hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks like you've grown apart and your breakup is a great thing. Or he is trying to be mature and he's actually crying like a b****. I've done that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Reverse psychology, he wants you to contact him and talk. That is where the ball is back in his court and he can control the conversation. Mind games.

0|0
    0|0
    • He is a manipulator and a control freak. These were some of the reasons I dumped him

What Girls Said 3

• Why on earth would that be your conclusion? Why can't you think that maybe he's mature and accepts that it is over and that it was good while it lasted?

1|0
    0|0
    • It's the fact he had to tell me how 'happy' he was that makes it unbelievable. Most people who are happy getting out of something just cut the person out of their lives completely. They cease contact. No need to gloat because you don't care.

• Maybe happy means he's ok with it. He's being an adult.

• Wrong guy you're thinking of. He's no adult lol

• It's a transference of energy. He is trying to make you feel as hurt as he is. Being rejected hurts and everyone deals with it differently.

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all he sounds like an ass. But unfortunately, yes by saying that he was glad it was over means he thinks he should have never been in a relationship with you in the first place. And the wishes you well is probably just to be polite or if it was me it was sarcastic. (I'm sorry if its so harsh but its the truth). Always know that you deserve better than him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes