Question for married people: Which is more likely to lead to marital issues?

I am pro-marriage, and I am willing to compromise.

I, though, am against divorce to the point I'd rather die than get divorced.

But people have marital problems for different reasons.

In a marriage, which is more unforgivable?
  • Being cheated on
  • Having no money

11

Most Helpful Girl

• Tricky question... I could forgive my man for cheating. And I could also forgive him for losing a job, getting in a rough spot, hurt/disabled... what have you. That happens to all of us; it's called life. ;). But if he were just too lazy to support himself and our family, or he drank and gambled away all our earnings, then, yeah, I might have to kick his sexy arse. I don't want to be divorced, either, so I like what you said.

• I shouldn't have labeled it 'leading to divorce' but rather 'how to maintain a marriage and prevent divorce.'

• I don't know what to expect. But I hope I am the kind of man who the girls father sees me as gaining a son and not losing a daughter.

• Hopefully so. And I'm sure when you find the right girl, she won't mind at all dealing with your family. It's one of the spices of life. ;)