Do you still love your first love?

My first love and I have been broken up over 2 years. We've both dated people since. I was her first for everything but it ended badly. Even after all this time I still catch myself thinking about her from time to time. We recently stopped communicating as a whole (we would every blue moon to catch up) last time she told me she was dating a guy for about and was madly in love with him. I was happy for her. I held no animosity towards her, I couldn't since I was in a relationship as well, but is it normal to think about the old times? Do I still love her or just loved the memories?

70

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's normal to still think of them and the memories definitely. I see it this way... I'll always have a special place in my heart for my first love. The love I had for him will never die or go away but the key is in the part where you accept it and still decide to move on with your life. I've accepted he was my first love but I don't for one second think he was the one for me because if he was, he'd be with me right now. I'm not entirely sure if we still love our first loves for real but I think it's just that they'll always hold a special place which can make it appear on the surface like we still love them. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.