How do I break the awkwardness of a failed relationship with a long time friend?

I have had this friend with whom I've been pretty close to all my life. We've always had this weird spark that made us seem like a good couple but we never really acted on it until recently. I asked her to be my date to a banquet, and she said yes. We started talking and even went on a date afterwards. After about a week of everything going great she decided that she just wanted to be friends. It became super awkward between us and I hate it so much because we used to hang out a lot and we still go to church together, so I can't avoid her. If we could get past the awkwardness we had been planning on going to prom but I'm not sure about it now. I had already gotten a lot of stuff ready for prom. If anyone has any advice at all id appreciate it so much.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I no what your going through you should just go up to her and say let's try to be friends because we ve been through a he'll of slot together and I want to try to be friends and see were that goes it works trust me I did it like 7 times lol

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Don't go to prom with her if it is awkward! A year ago, I had the same problem. Well, you cannot avoid her, but you can't give her too much atention. Just give her the attention she asks for: if she says "Hi", you say "Hi" too. If you're having a great talking again, just be friendly, no flirt at all. Keep things just casual and friendly for as long as it feels awkward. Then you'll feel confortable again with her. Good luck, this is how I made it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes