Teen needs advice! Why the sudden breakup?

1) We dated for 4 months, got to know each other over the course of a year
2) We're teens
3) His reason for dumping me was that he just wasn't ready for a relationship, but he said that we could still be friends
4) He seemed VERY INTO ME until one week prior to the break up, when he was a little less physically affectionate and didn't see me quite as often (but that could be because of parental intervention--see 9). When he was planning our last get-together (aka, when he dumped me), he seemed desperate to see me again (so either, he was DESPERATE TO DUMP ME or his parents were forcing him to ASAP)
5) Up until MINUTES before the break up he texted me ALL throughout the day (as he always did after we started dating) asking about my opinions, interests, what I was up to, giving me updates about his life, saying good night, etc.
6) I was recovering from surgery... so maybe he just texted all the time because he felt bad for me? We discussed many other things beyond how I was recovering though
7) He bought me flowers about a week before the break up due to my injury
8) He always kept up with doing me little favors/being a gentleman
9) One of his parents (who he is VERY close to/who he allows to control nearly his ENTIRE life) made it clear they did not like me.
10) He is very passive and aims to please his parents first and foremost
11) He is not a player (I was his first gf)

Do you think his parents made him dump me? Was he not ready for a relationship? Did he just lose attraction to me? Please be honest. Thank you!
  • Lost feelings/got bored of me
  • Not ready for a relationship
  • Parent made him end it
    Vote C
Thank you to everyone who answered so far! Anymore opinions?
Thank you all again! Any other opinions?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• it sounds to me that he wasn't being forced, but that he was being pressured. Judging by the description of the scenario I think he was receiving a lot of flack from his family, which further complicates a new and confusing situation. It seems that he probably does like you, but is just confused about where he is mentally (whether he should date you, or continue to listen only to his parents). This could be the "ready for a relationship" he was talking about. The best advice I could give would be to let him figure it out on his own and try again in the future

Most Helpful Girl

• They think you distract him and steal his innocence. It's not the right time to have a relationship where sex will eventually take place in their eyes.