How many times have you experienced true heartbreak?

How long did it take you to heal each time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I have only experienced it once, and It did hurt like hell. Right now I am two months in, even though my current ex left (18) me for her ex (19) and Im (21), Im actually happy. Im happy because I was able to mend her shattered heart from her previous break up, and showed her my heart. We dated for nine months, and I've shown her a different perspective when It comes to relationships. I was fully able to give her kindness, love, reassurance, trust, selflessness, hope, passion, and loyalty.

Even though her ex hurt her in the end she still went back, she views him as her first love. I've put so much effort in the relationship everyday throughout the short nine months. I was by her side through thick and thin, and Im happy even though it ended we formed a bond that can never be severed, we will both live our lives each day apart knowing we once shared a past no matter how short it was. I've accepted everything and I know in the end I gave the relationship my all, and for that I will always be happy. It is her life and she deserves who she wants to be happy with, once we come to terms with that and forgive them it makes it easier to move on.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Once.
    It sucks. But I got over it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think true heartbreak happens unless your spouse/boyfriend passes away. That's the ultimate heartbreak because you just lost your S. O. to the hardest thing to deal with in life... death

0|0
    0|0
    • So to answer your question, according to my def. of heartbreak, 0. I've never had an S. O. pass away. I've had animals pass away but never a human that I was VERY close to

• Minor ones lots of times. True heartbreak just once. She didn't even tell me she got a bf bc she knew it would crush me. I found out from a friend. It took months to get over her. Especially bc he'd make her cry all the time and she'd come to me for help. That's when I knew for sure that I was done

0|0
    0|0
  • Never. For the entirety of my life I've managed to avoid those I thought I would fall seriously for and kept my female friends at a good distance. I guess though I fell in love without even knowing what hit me and by the time I found out it was tooo late, damage was done so to speak. It's a wonderful thing, great thing. Makes you weak though, but it is what it is and I can't change it now. I can only hope she doesn't break my heart, I do a job where emotions can get a person killed, I only hope she understands that...

How about you? What's your story?

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• every time i get hurt by a guy i am fully convinced it is the end of the world haha i'm a super dramatic person. true heartbreak though? probably twice, once in high school and once in college. both probably took about a year to completely get over because i am that pathetic haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Once, one of the most painful things emotionally I've ever been through. It really sucked it took me a while to get over it

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been heart broken once.. And it took me two years it still hurts when i think about it here and there.

1|0
    0|0
  • Twice. While both were true, I definitely experienced one on a much deeper level than the other. But they both hurt ):

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes