Great relationship, breakup came out of nowhere, doesn't feel like it should be over. What to do? How to do it?

My boyfriend broke up with me last week. Together for 6 months but also been close friends for two years. It was the first really serious relationship for both of us. It completely blindsided me because everything was great between us. We always talked through problems, we never fought once, we had great sex regularly, we went on dates at least once a week, I had met his family before Christmas and they loved me (and I absolutely adored them), we had so much fun together and we were in love. We had plans to go out and I confirmed them during the day and he was excited. About an hour before we were supposed to go out he asked if we could talk first about something on his mind. He told me that he's been feeling for the last week or so like the relationship has been different. I had been very stressed before Christmas balancing two jobs and school that I turned to eating and binge drinking to cope with my stress. I gained 30 pounds in 4 months. I've since gotten back on track, but I didn't realize how bad it was until my boyfriend mentioned he'd noticed it and how it really upset him to see me like that. He said he feels more like my therapist and my babysitter than my boyfriend, and that he doesn't feel as emotionally into it as before. He said its not as fun anymore and I don't seem happy. He then said we weren't breaking up and he wanted to work on the problems. But whatever i suggested he didn't actively agree to. He suggested we go on a date to "recreate" the spark, or to have a few days apart but I said it couldn't be forced overnight and I'm not sitting around waiting for him to decide if he still loves me. He right away said he still did. But since it sounded like his mind was made up, I said we should just end it. He tried to hug me then walk me home then tried seeing me later but I said I wanted to be alone. We haven't talked in a week. I still feel confused and like the relationship shouldn't be over. Did he just get scared? I'm not ready to move on.

01