Ex of 4 years moves on like I'm nothing?

My ex and I were together for 4 years. We were each others first. She left me 2 years ago saying she wasn’t happy, got a new boyfriend within a month, and then two months later contacts me saying she’s sorry and wants to get back together. I love her so much so I accept. We try again. Then our relationship became strained about 10 months ago because of some bad stuff on my end which led her to leave me in September. She had just told me the month before how she had a “gut feeling about us since the day we met that we would last forever", and that I was the one. She started dating this other guy just weeks after.

A month and half later I contacted her. We say that we love each other. Text from morning til night, kiss, everything. I call her my heart which I had never done before and she got all teary-eyed when I said it and said so herself that she was so moved. However I did say I wanted to take it slow so we don’t rush into things again. She agrees. I found out that she kept my love note that came with the flowers I sent her when we broke up recently in the box where she keeps the watch I bought for her last Christmas.

Then just 3 weeks later she decides to break up again. I see her about 2 weeks later holding hands with a new guy. Now it’s been 2 months. They are in a relationship. We are neighbors so I saw him with her family.

Now they are apparently on a vacation or something to together. Her new boyfriend posted this collage of pictures of them together. On the beach kissng and everything.

How can she move on so quickly after 4 years, after how much she said she loved me, after everything?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like she didn't really like you as much as you liked her. Also, considering that you've been on and off for so long, she most likely started moving on in the back of her head at some point, even though you were still together.
    Also, even though her new boyfriend and her might seem happy and serious together now, it wouldn't surprise me if he's just a rebound. You never know, though, so don't assume that he's a rebound. It just wouldn't be a surprise, that's all. And besides, people are different. Some move on faster than others, and some people are also really good at hiding the fact that they're actually still moving on.
    All in all, it just depends on what kind of person she is.

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like she wasn't as emotionally invested in your relationship as you are/were. Bummer dude, what a witch.

What Guys Said 3

• You know, some people are just like that. Also, I've realized over time that in many cases, words used in relationships don't mean squat to me. Im not a words guy, im an actions guy. You guys were both feeding each other words, but if you were an actions guy, you would have probably been able to tell if they were true or not, probably.
    Sorry this happened to you bro, Its sad when things like this happen, I know what its like for not only an ex but your first to just leave you hanging. there's not much you can do but take it as a learning experience and try not to make the same mistakes in the next.

• She can move or not forget about her and for god sake move on

• Yeah I went through almost the same shit except I was in a 5 year solid relation ship. I moved out to go to a 3 month trade school. She told me she would wait but she decided to fuck me over and string me along for about 9 months so I decided I'm never going back to my hometown. Right when school was up she had a new bf. I've been meeting random chick's on the Internet and having sex with them ever sense. You have to bury the past. She isn't your destiny bro. I still get sad and we broke up almost a year ago. Just every time you think about her remind yourself to move forward.

As far as why she did it I have no fucking clue. Why she did it isn't a relevant question, even if you knew the answer it wouldn't help ya.