Ex fiance, been friends for 5 years, started hanging out a lot again 2 months ago... He said I love you?

That was it in a nutshell. Me and my ex fiance dated for two years and we got engaged. We both decided to split up because we wanted different things in our lives at that stage. We've kept in touch and had a friendship for the past five years. We started seeing each other again about two months ago. We haven't put a label on our relationship, but it's an unspoken monogamous relationship. He told me he loved me out of the blue in a text message yesterday. I've always loved him, but here recently I've fallen back in love with him, so I told him I love him too. I'm incredibly happy, but I suppose I'm trying to dissect the situation. My question is did he mean he loves me or that he's in love with me? Confusing. Any thoughts? Thanks (:
1
0