How do I let go of this break up?

I recently went through a break up, it happened last Friday and I'm still really struggling. I've gone through break ups before, but this was the longest relationship I've ever been in. We were together for about a year and a half.

The real issue, I guess, is this: My ex knows how hard I'm taking this. I didn't see it coming, whatsoever. Like if anyone was going to break up with the other it would've been me breaking up with him. And I don't care that he knows I'm hurting, it's just that when I saw him last to pick up some stuff from his house, he was all smiles and laughs. It felt like he was just super satisfied with himself that he could make someone feel like that, like he's thinking "good, she still really wants me". I've made the mistake of texting him today and telling him that I don't want to hear from him again (when I get angry or upset, it's hard for me to just sit back and take it), and now I'm regretting it. All I want to do now, is text him again and beg him to take me back. I can't though, I want these feelings to stop. Please help!

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• He doesn't deserve you, if he doesn't want you then tough luck for him. There are plenty of guys out there who are better then him and can give you unconditional love.
    If he broke up with you than that means he doesn't want you anymore. And thats that.

You can text as much as you like and the more you text the more you begin to let go.

I was dating this girl, she was amazing. She was pretty, had an amazing body (her dad owned gyms around the joint) and had an amazing personality. We were going so well for a month or 2 when she suddenly said she wasn't ready for a relationship and that was that. I cried for a bit and was super depressed for ages until I finally decided that if she doesn't think I'm good enough for her then fuck her.
    I also coped with the audden break up by doing something. I was either working all the time or going out with friends or going to the skatepark or whatever. As long as I had something to take my mind off her.

Another thing is that the longer you date, the more used to the company of a person. And it'll take longer to get "un-used" to have him around since you were together so long.

Just hang out with your friends and enjoy life. Don't let anyone ruin it for you.

I hope this helped you at least a little bit..
    Good luck

0|0
    0|0
  • When it was time for me to move on I listened to ziggy stardust and the spiders from Mars over and over I'm not even a big bowie fan but that album got me through a lot but music is my drug so yeah...

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes