How do I let go of this break up?

I recently went through a break up, it happened last Friday and I'm still really struggling. I've gone through break ups before, but this was the longest relationship I've ever been in. We were together for about a year and a half.

The real issue, I guess, is this: My ex knows how hard I'm taking this. I didn't see it coming, whatsoever. Like if anyone was going to break up with the other it would've been me breaking up with him. And I don't care that he knows I'm hurting, it's just that when I saw him last to pick up some stuff from his house, he was all smiles and laughs. It felt like he was just super satisfied with himself that he could make someone feel like that, like he's thinking "good, she still really wants me". I've made the mistake of texting him today and telling him that I don't want to hear from him again (when I get angry or upset, it's hard for me to just sit back and take it), and now I'm regretting it. All I want to do now, is text him again and beg him to take me back. I can't though, I want these feelings to stop. Please help!

02