How do I let go?

I am unable to let go of my ex boyfriend. There were unrequited feelings on my side, I told him I loved him and he did not respond positively. He then decided there was no hope for us to be romantically involved. After a few days of being in a terrible state of crying, feeling nauseated and depressed I emailed him and asked him if we could be friends. Ever since we’ve been in touch through twitter, fb and on and off email. Our conversations last week got very heavy and revolved around sex, after this continued for a couple of weeks, we were obviously bothered it. I called him again and pretty much told him I still had feelings for him. I think he was totally scared and replied in an email saying the line of conversation had to stop. I still sent a couple of messages to him on twitter and emailed him back asking him to write out what he is feeling and why he is not willing to give us a chance again.

I feel foolish, I know he does not love me like I love him and despite the cardinal rule of not keeping in touch… we have so many avenues. Since it was a long distance relationship we have no chance of bumping into each other or me showing up at his door, although I want to do just that.

What is it that I need to do? Do I still keep the hope that he will see the error of his ways and come back? I still love him and it’s been about 2 months since he decided we could not work out.

+1 y
Thank you. Yes, I think I'd pretty much decided to and had actually let go until all the feelings came crashing back for which I am partly to blame.
+1 y
I'm ready to live with the fact that there will be days when I feel like he is the perfect person for me & other days when I'll be able to think of indifferently & I'm sure the latter type of days will decrease as the days go by. Thank you again.
How do I let go?
1
1