Would you forgive someone who cheated on you?

I've been cheated on before and i wanted to know what the world thinks.

- </3 KarKat
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My current boyfriend cheated on me once in the very, very beginning of our relationship, and it tore my heart out, but something in my gut told me to forgive him and to stay with him, so I did. The ONLY reason we worked out in the end is that he did absolutely everything in his power to ensure that it would never happen again and that I KNEW it would never happen again. (For example, he would tell me right away if the girl texted him and he would show me the texts, there was no being sneaky or anything).

People say "once a cheater, always a cheater". I disagree, because my man has never given me any reason whatsoever to believe it would happen again, and he agrees that it was the biggest mistake he ever made.

If he hadn't been so apologetic and worked so hard to earn my trust again, I never would have stayed. It depends on the situation. People DO make mistakes, and they CAN change for the better.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I did. I caught my ex cheating on me with another guy. I saw their text messages describing about what she'd do sexually to him. Also, about how he wants her to come over to his house and show off her new dresses. It broke my heart badly. I was gone all night and she texted asking where I was... The next morning I confronted her about it, and I said I would work through it with her...

0|0
    0|0
    • For your sake I hope she learned her lesson and never does it again.

• We aren't together anymore. She moved in with the guy she cheated on me with...

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Nope. If someone ever cheated on me, they would be cementing their absence in my life. Luckily, I’ve never been cheated on but because I’m so extremely loyal, faithful, and extensively considerate/respectful towards my S. O.’s feelings: I could never forgive them for it. They would become dead to me and I would cut them off for good. I may even sabotage something they really care about if I was feeling vindictive and immature enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • If they apologized with sincerity, yes. I'd forgive. But would I forget? No way. Would I give a second chance? Not anymore. With both of my ex boyfriends, they cheated, apologized, and then cheated again. I left them, they begged for me back. Yadda yadda.
    I learned my lesson the hard way. So while I will forgive, I will not forget. I won't give second chances anymore. I don't think you can truly love someone if you cheat. And I want true love. But I'd rather be alone than in bad company.

0|1
    0|0
  • Forgive them? Yes.
    Forget? No.
    Give them a second chance? Yes, as a person.
    Give them a second chance in a relationship? No.

6|2
    0|0
  • Answer: it depends on the situation. If I did, they would have to work really hard to earn my trust back, and it would take a long time. And I would not put up with it a second time, regardless of the situation.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll forgive the person but I wouldn't be crazy enough to be with that person again no matter the circumstance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgiveness is something we do for ouselves, so we can let go and move on. So i'd forgive, but I wouldn't give them a second chance. That would be like giving them my consent to hurt me again.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, and I have. But I didn't do it for them, I did it for myself so I could let go of grudges and just move on with my life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Forgive? Absolutely! Take them back? Not a chance in hell. ☺

1|1
    0|0
  • I forgave this one idiot one too many times... Never again is all i can say

0|0
    0|0
    • Its a waste of time to forgive someone who continues to do it repeatedly. Its like 3 strikes and you're out. Well, at least thats how it was with him. But in my future relationship, it only takes one time for whoever I'm with to cheat... And thats it... We're over

• I know where you stand. Once had this girl cheat on me three times. In a month. Ouch.

• OMG, i feel your pain... I haven't dated anyone else since boyfriend #1. Like i just talk to people now, and i usually learn everything about them before i even give them a shot at a relationship. In the end, i see that they are usually no different from my ex... So yea, im im no rush

• Yes , I'll forgive him. But I will never forget the things that he'd done like ruining my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but I would never get back with them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Unlikely I would

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Of course not. I mean if she wanna fuck other dudes then I'm fine with that she just needs to tell me so I can dump her ass

0|0
    0|0
  • personally i have zero tolarance for cheaters. one time is all you get so that person better had been worth it

1|0
    1|0
  • Yes, because every one will do mistakes so I will give another chance but truly can't move normally with them

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because love can be broken and again fixed, for several times. But TRUST! Trust is just for one time! Once it breaks it can't be regained.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she can suck a mean dick, she might be worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes sure... i don't consinder it a crime.

0|1
    0|0
  • I forgive everyone.

2|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes