Would you forgive someone who cheated on you?

I've been cheated on before and i wanted to know what the world thinks.

- </3 KarKat
  • Yes
  • No

138

Most Helpful Girl

• My current boyfriend cheated on me once in the very, very beginning of our relationship, and it tore my heart out, but something in my gut told me to forgive him and to stay with him, so I did. The ONLY reason we worked out in the end is that he did absolutely everything in his power to ensure that it would never happen again and that I KNEW it would never happen again. (For example, he would tell me right away if the girl texted him and he would show me the texts, there was no being sneaky or anything).

People say "once a cheater, always a cheater". I disagree, because my man has never given me any reason whatsoever to believe it would happen again, and he agrees that it was the biggest mistake he ever made.

If he hadn't been so apologetic and worked so hard to earn my trust again, I never would have stayed. It depends on the situation. People DO make mistakes, and they CAN change for the better.

Most Helpful Guy

• I did. I caught my ex cheating on me with another guy. I saw their text messages describing about what she'd do sexually to him. Also, about how he wants her to come over to his house and show off her new dresses. It broke my heart badly. I was gone all night and she texted asking where I was... The next morning I confronted her about it, and I said I would work through it with her...

• For your sake I hope she learned her lesson and never does it again.

• We aren't together anymore. She moved in with the guy she cheated on me with...