My trust issues ruined my marriage?

So I have been married for 7 years, there were some circumstances that led me to stop trusting my husband 2 years ago. For these last 2 years I (we) have been trying to build that trust back, but something happens and I over think it and we fight, then ultimately the trust issues show their ugly faces again. So before I explain the current issue, I will let you know that I am an insecure person. I am not ugly, or unattractive, but I have issues with my body because I have had three children. I am not fat, but im not the size I want to be. So here's the current issue that will probably end the marriage. Basically my husband told me that I am holding him back from being himself, that my issues are causing him to not have female friends (which is true) and he gets worried if he says hi to a female, that if I see it then I will flip out. So he said he wants to be friends with his female friends from his past, but I have seen pictures of them and they are hot!! So I said I can't accept it. So now we are pretty much over, I know I have to let him go and its all my fault. I guess my question is, why can't I be a normal person and get rid of my stupid thoughts and stupid issues? I've tried and tried, but eventually I go back to my old thinking and I can't keep my stupid mouth shut. Please be kind, I am very vulnerable right now. I know what I've done wrong, I just needed a safe place to vent, and maybe get some advice or even support. Thank you for reading this.

46

Most Helpful Girl

• I can understand your insecurity.. but if he's done things in the past that weren't good then you have every right to feel the way you do. I don't think what you said to him was wrong, marriage consists of trusts, just like in any other relationship, if there is no trust then there's nothing. Why would he want to start friendships with females from his past if he's married? Especially if you're both working on trust issues?
    I don't think you were out of line at all with how you feel.