Girlfrend has been cold and distant for about a month, she's stopped replying to texts for the past couple days, should I break up with her over text?

Ok so basically me and my gf have been together for around 2 months, it was amazing for the first month and the 2nd month has been rocky. She's been really distant while we would talk everyday all day, now she makes excuses to not take calls, takes hours to reply, never texts me first to see how i am so it's a big change. I thought it was all in my head until i saw her a week ago, i haven't seen her for the past month well only once as we live in different cities, but when i saw her she validated everything completely cold and distant barely spoke to me, lay on the other side of the bed etc, i was staying at her parents house with her so i didn't want to bring anything up and possibly break up right there and then so i left it.

Since that though she's got even worse, she doesn't reply for days now, she didn't reply for like 2 days then gave me an excuse like her phone didn't send the messages etc then proceeded to not reply to my reply for another 3 days, i haven't messaged her since that i mean the message is pretty clear right? Before all this distance she used to say she's scared i'm going to be a rebound from her last relationship as we got together pretty soon after they broke up. She told me she wants to take the relationship day by day and she thinks about being alone on a daily basis as she's not ready for a relationship, says she has a lot of anger from her past relationship that she needs to let out etc.

Anyway it sucks but i'm pretty much over it, this is all well and good and valid feelings if she communicated properly with me and we ended it in amicable way but all this distance and coldness is just annoying. Anyway what should i do she hasn't replied for 3 days do i wait for possibly a week until she replies? I plan to call her maybe tomorrow ask her why she's being distant and hopefully she will open up and we can talk, if she ignores that and hasn't replied in like a week i'm just going to say i haven't heard from you in a week... CONTINUED...
.. and you've been ignoring calls and texts so i'm gunna assume this relationship is over, call me if you wanna talk but if not i'll see you around". What do you think of me doing this, initially i wanted to meet up face to face and talk but as she's not even responding i'm not even sure if that will ever happen. Do you think it's too harsh, i mean if she doesn't take my calls and texts i'm not exactly going to wait for weeks on end i'm just going to have to end it and move on. What do you think

61

Most Helpful Girl

• Before you do anything, you should talk to her. From your post, it doesn't seem like you ever actually asked her why she takes so long to reply, or why she seems so distant, or why she seems to have lost interest. I think that ideally you should do that in person, but since you say you live in different cities and it seems unlikely you will get together soon, you should call her. Don't send a message. Call.

It's possible that she has realised that she isn't over her ex; she may be confused right now; she may need more time or she may just want to take things slowly. But you won't know what she's thinking and how she's feeling until you have a proper conversation. You shouldn't go on just assumptions.

• Thanks so much your totally right i think that's the problem right there i haven't even asked her why she's distant and cold i've just gone of assumptions like she could be acting like that for loads of reasons i won't really know until i call her.

Your right i won't text her i'll call and just talk to her, no point in ending things with all these questions unanswered uno i might aswell get to the bottom of it so i can properly move on, thanks a lot for the advice it's really helped breaking up over text would have been a big mistake

• I'm glad I could be of help. It's always best to find out what's really going on before jumping to conclusions. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• Its to harsh to break up with her if you don't know the reason she's being so distant let alone if you barely know the gal give it some time and be patient. Communicate with her as often as you can let her know that you'll be there for her and if there's no intimacy no communication whats point of being with her.

• You reckon i should just be direct and straight up and ask her why she's being distant etc because i haven't really asked that i'm just going of assumptions.

• Yeah communicate but dont pressure her be reasonable and get a little intimate cuddle with her play with her make her laugh make her smile make her feel special.