Stupid, paranoid thoughts about a partner cheating - how do I get rid of them?

My boyfriend is away for 5 days on business for the first time since we started dating at the beginning of the year. I know he'll be socializing and drinking with other people while he's out. I keep having these insane, stupid, paranoid thoughts about him getting drunk and cheating on me. I even imagine him waking up beside another woman.

There is no basis whatsoever for me to mistrust him - he's a good person and he has never cheated on anyone before. I know I'm torturing myself unnecessarily, and I feel really embarrassed and stupid about it. But these thoughts just keep welling up. How can I get rid of them?
+1 y
I have never cheated, or been cheated on, and my parents have an excellent relationship. Rationally speaking, I know I have no reason to be afraid. I think at some level I love him so much that I just don't feel 'good enough'. Need to work on it!
2
6