If my boyfriend and I were to ever break up should we continue to be friends after?

My boyfriend asked me the other day: "Promise we will still be friends if we ever break up?"
I kinda just want to know if it's a good idea. And why he'd still want to be friends.
Extra: He just said he's always afraid if we ever broke up we would never see each other again.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, being friends with an ex is among the worst possible decisions.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Things change after you break up- no matter what you agree on. I agreed with my ex that we would still be good friends and then when we did break up, he refused to even look at me in class. He was even the one who initiated wanting to be good friends still. So if you do agree on staying friends, be prepared to feel differently after you actually split. Everything get's awkward. I think if you can work it out though, and you do end up staying friends, yay! You might end up getting back together at some point too. He probably just wants to be friends because he is afraid of losing a really great girl! I hope it works out for you no matter what!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• I dont get why and how people remain friends after they break up. Even if you still do remain friends, its never gonna be the same and it'll always be awkward and weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on why the couple break up. If it is because of cheating, would you be able to be friend with him?
    And in order to move on faster, best to cut off contact

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes