What are the best ways to forget about your ex after a breakup?

Its been a month since my ex boyfriend broke up with me, I have been dealing with it well, keeping myself busy, focus on myself, seeing friends and family. I was doing fine until last week when he started texting me being all apologetic and friendly which hasn't helped me as its brought all my emotions back up again. Now its leaving me wondering if he misses me or wants me back. But i know deep down that i need to stop thinking about it and move on! Any suggestions on how I can forget about him and what have you dealt with a breakup?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no magic to it. You just work it out of your system.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi.

It's only been a month since you broke up? That's pretty recent, honey. I think you were dealing well with the situation by seeing your friends and family and keep yourself busy or focused on something.

I don't know what happened between the two of you. Did he hurt you? Because something happened for you to break up with the guy and to him being "all apologetic" after that.

There's not trick, magic or anything like that. It takes time. Months maybe. Believe me. Time is the only cure. You need to be patience with yourself and your feelings. I think you should block his number if he doesn't stop text you. Or delete his number or don't reply to him anymore. You just need to start doing what you were doing before. Keep yourself busy and surrounded by good and positive people. Go out, be with your friends, spend time with you family and loved ones. Get a hobby if you don't have one yet. Just don't let him take over your thoughts and life. You'll forget him one day.

Hope I help.

• Hi, thanks for this! Well he broke up with me on new years eve, it hurt me cos we had plans for that night and we had spent a lot on each other for Christmas. It was just unexpected, but it was a struggle for me to what reason he wants this to end and all he said was its not you its me, i just think weve hit a brick wall and i just don't want a relationship atm... i want to be on my own for a bit. He also said he's always had commitment issues. It was like trying to get blood out of a stone! And if it wasn't for me asking all these questions then he wouldn't have opened up to me about how he has been feeling. Then he said ohh but i still think your hot and i still like you. Its just been confusing for me. But i have stopped replying to him now and i intend to not speak to him!