Why doesn't my father just leave all ready?

My parents constantly argue. My father always wants to leave because he is "so sick" of my mum (although I constantly listen in to their arguements in which y dad generally blows things out of proportion). Why does he continue to stay, I am so irked by him. About an hour ago he and my mum were arguing, a few minutes ago he was looking for rooms for rent. They've already discussed divorce twice since I was born. Why doesn't he leave already, I am finished, why can't they just cut to the chase and get a divorce instead of giving me and my sister all this grief?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Often, parents will just stay together for the kids, even if they don't love each other anymore... typically it's about money. it's actually technically cheaper to be remained married

0|0
    0|0
    • My father holds us second to his brothers and his mum, honestly all is fine to him as long as they are okay...

Most Helpful Girl

• because it's easier not to. my parents are always threatening to divorce each other but they never do it because 1. divorce is SO expensive 2. it's hard to figure out 3. it looks bad 4. they're old 5. they're used to each other 6. nobody wants to die alone

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Because he doesn't have to.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• i'm sorry that you're family is going through all of that but you need to understand that it's not easy for the both of them. I think your mom and dad just need to figure things out. let them know too that it's affecting you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes