Is it possible to love someone, or care about them but not be "in love" with them anymore?

What happens in this situation?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• That is the No 1 problem of modern day relationships and it has to do with our expectations on the one hand and taking things for granted on the other hand. We expect the being in love to hold up automatically, whilst not putting anymore effort into keeping the spark lit. When you fall in love, you can only fall for so long til you crash to the ground of reality. It is a subtle crash many times. If you can't enjoy things together and hold up the little spark of madness then its time to re-evaluate the relationship. It is not so difficult to fall in love with someone if the right circumstances are given. The trick is to fall in love over and over again by discovering new sides or re-discovering a side you love of your partner. COMMUNICATE. And don't fall prey for the rosy side in other guys to compensate this feeling you are missing now, cause they all turn the same after some time. This is because there is also something you are missing to see in you. The other problem is that many guys including maybe your partner won't just man up, which also kills the being in love attraction. But also girls lack femininity many times to naturally drive guys to do so. This is the time to grow together

What Guys Said 2

• It is possible. Don't confuse it with becoming used to each other. What do you mean "what happens"?

• Yes it is, and it sucks for the other person if they're still "in love" with you.

What Girls Said 1

• Yep. Totally. My husband is gay. But started as bi. I was very much in love with him. But he has illnesses and his behaviour deteriorated and he went more gay. I love him and care what happens to him but I am no longer in love with him. He hangs on to me so his family doesn't work out he's gay. He's like a brother to me and I'm more like a carer so I ' love ' him but I'm not in love with him.