What's a break mean?

So myself and a girl I was dating are on a break, she never said how long she needed, why she wanted the break, etc. she left it open, like she could just pick up where it left off when ever she wants, is this a sign she is walking away?
She started to distance herself 2 weeks ago, then on Wednesday of last week she sent a message saying I'm amess, I have lost interest in most things don't take it personal. Of course I toll it personal. I actually basically think I ended it when she was just wanting a break..
I believe the reason for it was because I was suffocating her with attention

75

Most Helpful Girl

• Makes me think back to Rachel and Ross from Friends. "WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!"

Anyway. If a girl says she wants a break, simply put, either she has issues, or you have issues, and she doesn't like whoever has issues, or the issues they have. She wants to distance herself from you to see if the relationship is going anywhere, and to get some space from you. Sometimes these breaks end badly, sometimes, she get's over herself and figures out what she needs to.

You need to talk to her about it, ask her what she really wants. It might hurt you in the end, but it's better than being in a complicated lie of a relationship.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I know she has issues, 2 baby dads, etc. it just went down hill fast, within 2 weeks after dating for 5 months, it's just strange, i think she is just looking for a sugar daddy, I'm going through no contact for at least a month, I will see where it is after the month is up.

Most Helpful Guy

• Take this time to think about your relationship with her and what each of you did to lead you into this romantic purgatory. If you think you were suffocating her, back off. If she asked for a break, leave her alone, let her come back to you at her own pace; don't reach out to her in any way. When she does reach out to you, be busy and take an hour or so to get back to her; don't be too available. Assume that she wants to see you if she reaches out to you. When you call her back, don't mention the break or your relationship, just keep the conversation light and playful; if she says she misses you or is sweet like she used to be, ask her out. Be the first one to end the conversation in a moment where she seems to be happy and feeling warm: she will associate those feelings with you, instead of the feeling of being smothered. Let her do 90-100% of the pursuing until she says she wants to end the break. You need to rebuild her attraction in you by giving her the gift of missing you; she'll wonder what you're up to and will begin reaching out more.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks, I ended up breaking it off with her, then a week later I told her I made a big mistake, she took me back the same day.. I'm currently limiting our time to a few short conversations a day, whats her motive for wanting me back so fast?

• You're welcome, and good luck!

• Thank you, I will have her hooked in no time after reading the book, I've never been one to chase, but something about her made me chase lol.