Trying to let go, but finding it difficult... How can I make it more successful so I can move on?

What is the quickest way to let go and move on after you've been dumped?

It's been a little over a month since i was dumped by a girl i really liked, and although i'm trying to let go, i'm finding it incredibly difficult.

Days will go by when i won't be thinking about it and life is great, then all of a sudden, i'm in bed and thinking about where things went wrong (which was all my fault, btw) and i am quickly finding my mood change. I keep saying to myself, "let go" and even take in 10 deep breaths with the goal of "letting go" on the last one.

I've even written a letter to her, that I will never read give to her, saying all that is on my mind about the whole thing. I'm trying to feel the pain, but something is blocking it, and all this stuff in the attempt to let her go so i can move on to better pastures and meet someone better. But it ain't working, i'm still thinking of her from time to time. I'm still watching to see if she is stalking me on Facebook... I'm still waiting for her to reach out to me so i can ask her out again. Which i want to stop, otherwise it will never happen.

How can i let go? What are ways that you have implementing in helping you let go of relationships that didn't work out?

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg, honestly, don't be desperate! It's not the end of the world. I mean, I get it that you love her so much and its so hard letting go, but hate to break it to you, she's not. I guess it's not meant to be.. You can't just stick to 1 girl. There are tons of other girls out there! When you have broken up with someone, you really had no choice other than letting go. I mean, you'll forget her eventually, you'll find someone new and so much better, becauce you deserve better. So talk to your families, your friends, go to the bar, make a bucket list, do something. Dont just sit and think all about the stuffs you went wrong, because that'll make things worse. You can't think of the mistakes you've made, because you've already made it. It's all in your past, there's no way of changing it. I mean you really can't fix your mistakes, its just impossible... So do something fast

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Well, i'm not desperate about her, and i want to move on, because there are other opportunites i'm missing by being stuck in my head about it. I WANT to let her go. I don't care whether she comes back or not, i just want to let it go :) especially since it's been a month. I mean, i am already asking other girls out and what not, and like i said, it's only now and then that she pops up in my head and i realize i still haven't completely let go.

I just don't know how to actually let go... how do some people do it? :)

• Well honestly it's kinda impossible to move on only just a month haha. You may think people can move on so quickly, but it's not. Some people just put on their masks and act like it's normal, but they still care about their exes. They're just really good at pretending. They didn't really show how miserable they are to other people. So if you're asking people how to move on fast, its worthless bro. Because you really can't force your heart to let go of something. It takes time. And most people feel the same way. Trust me, I've been there, and I still think of him. Even though it's been like months.

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually you need to set energy boundaries and cut chords.
    Failing that another woman, or drugs.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE