Ex contacts me after 2 months?

Okay so me and my ex had a very bad break up and we both went into NC, in the beginning he played games of trying to make me jealous, rubbing things in, getting his friends to check up on me.

I ignored it all and got on with my life not giving him the satisfaction of getting a raise out of me. He finally cooled off. 2 months go by and we still haven't talked. This weekend I was out in town & received a FaceTime from him, drunk and oblivious I answers. He was there with his friends at a pub or something. I stuck my fingers up at them and hung up. (Was pretty chuffed that I looked pretty good too) he then proceeded to call me another 4 times before my phone died. I woke up the next morning to a message from him saying "hey sorry Callum (a mutual friend) wanted to FaceTime you (complete lie) hope your well x'

I toyed with the idea of texting him back most of the day & after some decision I decided to be civil, after all I would eventually have to spend time with this guy as we have the same social circle. I had been lucky do far not to bump into him. I sent a short message saying 'fair enough. I'm great thanks you?' I have received nothing back.

I'm not all that fussed he didn't, it's most probably for the best. It just plays on my mind for why after 2 months he reaches out & then goes cold again. What is his game? And what is he trying to achieve? I've moved on and have recently just met this guy I actually like, so trying to get back with my ex is never going to be an option. My eyes have been opened up after being blindsided by my emotions. I just need some closure on what the hell this was for, I thought this chapter had been closed between us & now he's gone and reopened it & for what?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be either ego or he misses you. either way make it clear there's nothing and try to remain distant at least for a few months minimum

Most Helpful Girl

• You already said he likes to play games. I doubt he wants you to move on. He wants to be on your mind. Don't answer his questions to create conversation. Cut him out of your life and do something nice for yourself to celebrate.