Take the time so answer the post and explain why?

After a break up, do you remain friends with your ex's?

Why or why not?
  • Yes, I do remain friends with my Ex (s)
  • No, I do not remain friends with my Ex (s)

43

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been married a long time so I don't have a lot of exes, but I have zero contact with the few I have. If forced into contact, I'm cordial, but there's nothing between us anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I do not remain friends with my ex's.

Because itt is of far stronger character to be able to let go than to defend and hang on. Letting go is a part of life. We hardly ever get to decide how life is going to show up for us and life surely brings us pain, loss and rejection. We can feel so vulnerable to wanting to avoid these feelings that we are willing to hang onto a relationship that is not supposed to be for us anymore.

To grow and mature, it is best to accept what hurts and move on. As you do this, your life will change, you will change and with time away from your ex, you will also begin to see that maybe they just weren’t as great as the version of them that you thought they were or wanted them to be.