What To Do When You Have Grown Apart But There Are Kids Involved?

What is one to do when the married couple has grown apart but there are kids (11 years old and 15 years old) involved and neither parent wants them to grow up in a divorced home... do you bite the bullet and stay together for the sake of the kids or do you divorce and hope the kids understand?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, depends on the kids. Some take it better than others do.
    You'd have to consider how would they take it. If they hve noticed that you two weren't fine togheter already, i think its not going to be that shocking to them. But if it comes out of the blue, they will be annoyed.

However, I think its good thinking on how your kids 'll take it, but I would not foce things. I mean, i would act if like my relation was good if its not.

If you divorce, try to not move the kids much, cause thats one of the worst things parents can ever do, its confuses them and it's not good for them.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• No... you can't use kids as an excuse to keep a dead or dysfunctional relationship going... just fuels greater resentment...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE