I can't get over this guy?

In March we would have officially have broken up a year ago and I don't understand why I'm still not over him? I've taken in to account that he's a twat but I can't shake him, and I don't know why. maybe because he was my first boyfriend? I have gone out with others guys after him but they're just nothing compared to him, every time he looks at me I still go bright red and I freeze.

In English I have to sit next to him (seating plan) and were watching Romeo and Juliet , I'm sure you know the story lol but they met at her party and it was 'love at first sight' later they started kissing and I glanced at my ex only to find him staring at me and I couldn't do anything but pretend to move the hair away from my face as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I don't understand why? I've always had a hard time getting over people but it NEVER takes this long, explain?

01