What does "you're too good for me" mean?

A friend of mine just broke up with his girlfriend, and she dumped him saying "you're too good for me". I've heard of girls using that line before, so I was curious what it meant.

I figure that most likely she was just bullsh*ting him - that maybe she just wasn't that into him and wanted to let him down gently.

I figure there's also a chance that she had self-esteem issues and that from her perception, she for some reason believed that he actually was too good for her.

There's also a very slim chance that he really was too good for her due to some improbable factor that she knows that nobody else knows - like maybe she's a murderer, or she owes gambling debts to the mob, or she was born with male genitalia and pretends to be a woman. We will call this theory the "terrible secret" theory.

So, in your opinion, which is it?
  • She has self-esteem issues
    Vote A
  • She has a terrible secret
    Vote B
  • It's just b. s.
    Vote C
  • Other (explain)
    Vote D
  • Just checkin' answers
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I say that when I want to end it but don't want a big mess. I figure he takes it better if I stroke his ego.

But it's not me. It's him lol. Never beliebe a girl that says that cuz nobody does that.. if they want to be with you they won't be thi mount about whether they're good for you or not.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh that's a compliment sandwich...

A very useful break up line you go compliment, break up, compliment:

You're such an amazing woman and I've learned so much with you; I just don't think we should see each other any more. You're just too good for me and deserve the very best.

BOOM! Compliment sandwich break up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• 1. She's not that into you
    2. Your in the friend zone
    3. I don't want to hurt you but I think you should move on

0|0
    0|0
    • You're not hurting me. The girl was dating my friend, not me.

• "It's not you its me"... yikes

0|0
    0|0
  • It means "I want to break up with you, but I don't want to hurt your feelings or make myself look bad by telling you the truth about why."

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• To be honest... that is a statement, that says absolutely nothing.

People can be such cowards when it comes to facing emotions!

0|0
    0|0
  • She is just an asshole.

0|0
    0|0
  • B. s. totally

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes