Partner left me and our son, is it to late?

So me and my boyfriend where together a year and a half. We have a 5month old son (yes it all happened very quick). We were perfect together after I had our son I suffered with a little bit of postnatal depression and turned into a psyco cow who pushed everyone away! He stayed with me yes we argued and I used to make him feel so low by the things I was saying or doing, he wasn't really helping much with the baby and I was finding things so hard! So 2 weeks ago out of the blue he told me after a little argument it was over packed his stuff and left.. I asked him why and he kept telling me different things 'i wasn't the person he fell in love with' 'he stopped loving me' 'he wasn't happy' the past 2 weeks I've been begging him to come back to his family and he's got so mad that he told me he hated me and to get out of his life and that he had feelings for someone else! Is it too late to ever get him back? Should I just give up? What do I do? And will he ever realise? I'm only 21 and finding it hard! Thank you x

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Aaaand i get to be the bad guy becaues i argue against premarital sex. Anyway, i made my point lemme come to your situation; i don't see it hapenning. However, there is a baby involved, so get you elderly men of your family to beat up your lovely boyfriend until he comes back. Poor little baby.

• If only it was that simple :)

• Trust me, it's that simple. It's not pleasent, but very very simple. Plus, it works all the time in the shithole i live in.

• It works, but the men in my family would only do this if a husband (not a bf) cheated on me or if anyone ever hit me. I was my grandmother's first girl, she only had 4 boys so I'm well protected.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry this happened to you, darling, this must be such a hard time for you. I don't think you /should/ get back with him, even if you can; he abandoned you when you needed him most! He's selfish and a coward, running away from his responsibilities! (Wait, how old is he?) And, like, you are only 21 yourself.. I mean.. we're basically the same age? You're a year older than me at most, but I couldn't begin to imagine getting pregnant and being a mother right now; I'm barely a functional adult enough as it is, providing for myself<33 This is tough, and depression is hellish, aswell.
    Don't give up, keep going, surround yourself w/positivity and support and your loved ones. Concentrate on giving yr baby the best upbringing you can, forget this selfish loser!

I don't know much about it, but make sure he provides financially for the child.. child support, and that. He may be emotionally absent, but money is the least he can do.

Argh, I'm mad at him, for you! I'm sorry. My heart goes out to you and this tough time.

• ❤ its very hard lovely. He was going to propose to me on Valentine's day! Can his feelings be switched off just like that? Just hope he realises what he's lost one day