Partner left me and our son, is it to late?

So me and my boyfriend where together a year and a half. We have a 5month old son (yes it all happened very quick). We were perfect together after I had our son I suffered with a little bit of postnatal depression and turned into a psyco cow who pushed everyone away! He stayed with me yes we argued and I used to make him feel so low by the things I was saying or doing, he wasn't really helping much with the baby and I was finding things so hard! So 2 weeks ago out of the blue he told me after a little argument it was over packed his stuff and left.. I asked him why and he kept telling me different things 'i wasn't the person he fell in love with' 'he stopped loving me' 'he wasn't happy' the past 2 weeks I've been begging him to come back to his family and he's got so mad that he told me he hated me and to get out of his life and that he had feelings for someone else! Is it too late to ever get him back? Should I just give up? What do I do? And will he ever realise? I'm only 21 and finding it hard! Thank you x

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Aaaand i get to be the bad guy becaues i argue against premarital sex. Anyway, i made my point lemme come to your situation; i don't see it hapenning. However, there is a baby involved, so get you elderly men of your family to beat up your lovely boyfriend until he comes back. Poor little baby.

2|0
    1|0
    • If only it was that simple :)

• Trust me, it's that simple. It's not pleasent, but very very simple. Plus, it works all the time in the shithole i live in.

• It works, but the men in my family would only do this if a husband (not a bf) cheated on me or if anyone ever hit me. I was my grandmother's first girl, she only had 4 boys so I'm well protected.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry this happened to you, darling, this must be such a hard time for you. I don't think you /should/ get back with him, even if you can; he abandoned you when you needed him most! He's selfish and a coward, running away from his responsibilities! (Wait, how old is he?) And, like, you are only 21 yourself.. I mean.. we're basically the same age? You're a year older than me at most, but I couldn't begin to imagine getting pregnant and being a mother right now; I'm barely a functional adult enough as it is, providing for myself<33 This is tough, and depression is hellish, aswell.
    Don't give up, keep going, surround yourself w/positivity and support and your loved ones. Concentrate on giving yr baby the best upbringing you can, forget this selfish loser!

I don't know much about it, but make sure he provides financially for the child.. child support, and that. He may be emotionally absent, but money is the least he can do.

Argh, I'm mad at him, for you! I'm sorry. My heart goes out to you and this tough time.

1|0
    0|0
    • ❤ its very hard lovely. He was going to propose to me on Valentine's day! Can his feelings be switched off just like that? Just hope he realises what he's lost one day

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Umm don't take what I'm about to say at face value, but you sound like you're hard to deal with. Imma cut you some slack though in this case because I would have done the same thing

What I wouldn't have done was LEAVE YOU hanging out to dry with my kid at that + Not to bash yo baby daddy but he sounds like a wimp who can't control his girl nor take hardships ^^.

He either likes to make excuses or he just very dumb since He said "you're not the same person I feel in love with" so you telling me you've been banging this chick for at least a year, but you couldn't see the warning signs + knocked her up *facepalm* LOL

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1255800-would-you-leave-your-girlfriend-if-she-got-pregnant-you-didn-t-want

1|0
    0|0
  • I think he's coward and dont like to handle family

But also its ur fault to have chiled with this man it's not early To have chiled at 21 but he's not the one

Since u beg him and he refuse to back I think he will not back early maybe after 3-6 months

The big Q is can u grow this baby alone? It will be worst if ur family not supporting u

1|0
    0|0
  • You sound difficult to deal with. If you're going to keep a guy, you have to work on that. Not saying he's faultless, but it's your behavior that you can control.

Sorry, I don't think you'll be able to get him back.

0|0
    1|0
    • Ha difficult to deal with if only men suffered with postnatal depression

• Show All
    • Haa I would never do that to the child just my ex! Kidding before you think I'm capable

• You get my point though. Anyway, you should make sure to get child support.

What Girls Said 3

• Make sure he takes responsability for his son and doesn't just leave you to deal with him.
    Not just child support make sure he's in the baby's life, you both deserve it. Its not right that he can just walk away from his own baby and the mother of his child.

2|0
    0|0
  • Don't fight for him. It doesn't matter what you said, what he is low and horrible. He knew you were suffering and he walked out on you and your baby. He's a prick. No man should get a second chance after walking out on their family.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be glad he left, I can't believe him how can you leave your child? that is so so low.
    I'd advise you to make up but be no more than friends because your child needs a father

1|0
    0|0
    • He should have understood that you behaved that way because you were ill but he is a weakling and he didn't have enough strength, courage and belief in you to wait for things to get better and endure the tough times instead he broke and ran away. find a good and psychologically strong man to be with you in your life: you can rely on that kind of guy to pull you through the black spaces in your life in a way you can't on this guy who left you

Recommended myTakes