Broke up with my boyfriend and he doesn't seem to care?

first of all lemme say im not playing games here, we didn't break up i asked for a break with the condition that he shape up or i would leave him, his reaction was very casual so i asked him if he was going to date other people to see his response and he said id like to be alone for a while before moving on to the next one. wtf? we werent even broken up.

basically i feel like my boyfriend was only with me out of habit and because he can't get anyone else, he is 26 and single all his life before me because he can't talk to girls and is too submissive so when i came along it was great at first but i feel like he clung to me purely because i was the only one to take interest in him.

he is such a sweetheart most of the time which makes the whole thing worse cause people dont believe how he can be but he's forgotten 1 of my birthdays and the most recent one gave me the smallest happy birthday wish ever before treating it as a normal day (on par with quickly saying hi to someone you walk past).
we split up recently because i feel like he never makes an effort to change his biggest flaws and im the one who is constantly trying to be the best of who i am for him. i have a short temper and I've been working on that hard for the past 6 months, he goes silent for ages to every reply during arguments which fustrates me even more and makes me feel we can't communicate. he also only does things when i tell him, I've told him that i want him to want to make an effort not just do it for a day or two because i nagged him. :(

i got sick of it and gave him this choice and he admitted how he hadn't tried because he was lazy and didn't think i meant it so i felt i had to threaten him with me leaving to see a change but so far his reaction to it was casual and he hasn't spoken to me since to even fight for me or tell me he's working on changing. i feel like if you love someone and want to make it work you make that effort and im the only one doing that

there's a lot more good and bad stuff leading up to this buy 2000 character limit and all

does he care? should i just move on or wait on the off chance he speaks to me again? i dont want to contact him first as ill feel like he thinks I've admitted defeat and will take him back without him having to change

24

Most Helpful Girl

• You deserve so much better. It sounds like deep down you know that but your emotions are clouding your confidence. He sounds like a loser who took you for granted. Yay to moving on!

Would you look at my questions please? Thanks!

• Thanks for picking me as MHO!!!

• yw :) thank you for the advice i decided to do what you said and move on!