#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

How do I tell my soon to be ex boyfriend I want to break up with him?

So I've been I a relationship with my boyfriend for 4 months and he was really nice and sweet in the beginning until I noticed he had anger issues and would get really bad tempers when I didn't want to go to a party with him or sleep with him. So he would end up grabbing my wrist and making it bruise or he would slap me and yell in my face and say he hates me than he would say sorry and I would forgive him. I really am at the point where I don't want to be with him anymore because I use to have flawless skin and now I have to were clothes that cover up my bruises that I got from him and its like they will never go away. And today he was talking to me about what he wants to do for Valentine's Day and he got mad and stormed off because I didn't show any emotion to what he was saying. What do I do?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, you are right to want to end the relationship. This is an abusive relationship and he obviously has serious emotional issues. Given that he is prone to violence, I urge you to not break up with him in person. Otherwise, you may get a few new bruises or worse. I'd recommend a phone call or a text message, depending on whether you want to put up with his inevitable outburst. Texting is impersonal but he cannot yell at you. If he asks why then you can just tell him that it's because he is abusive.

Most Helpful Girl

• First, since you know that he physically abuses you, DO NOT break up with him in person. Text or call him just to be safe. Go to a good friends house or a family members for a while so he has no access to you. Why? Because there is a possibility that he can become so angry and vindictive that he either a) Really hurts you or b) kills you. So yeah, break up with him right away because as long as you're with him, the more you are in danger. I really hope I answered your question (: Good Luck, Sweetheart!!

What Guys Said 3

• Break up with him? Call the police? It really isn't a hard decision. Unless you have stockhold syndrome, that is.

• I thinks he is an animal no man should lay a finger on his girl just saying

• Directly, that's it.

What Girls Said 1

• You need to get out of that relationship. No guy should ever, EVER put his hands on you like that. That's abusive and needs to be stopped now. I would tell someone what has been going on because keeping that to yourself will only hurt you. But do not continue to see him because he needs to deal with his problems on his own and it's not healthy for you.