Do drunk people speak the truth?

My ex showed up drunk at my place in the middle of the night. He was begging me to listen to him. He told me that he misses me and wants to "hang out" again. He told me he still really likes me but that he thinks I'm too good for him and that it's not fair to me. He also apologized for the fact that he ended things by text.

He passed out on my bed and then the next morning acted like nothing had ever happened. I text him later in the day to ask if he'd meant it all and what he wanted. He's still not replied even though imessage says he read it.

I was finally getting over him and now I'm even more of a mess. He never said stuff like that when we were together. Our relationship always just seemed more about sex.

So what the hell was that? Was he lying? Was he telling the truth? Was it just the alcohol? Should I act like it never happened? I feel like I deserve answers.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• It opens the mind u lose inhibitions and generally speak the truth but also find it easier to lie to get what u want. U don't see things clearly and u should never have a serious conversation when drunk. If he's slobbering all over drunk and saying stuff he wouldn't say when he was sober then just ignore him.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it's called liquid courage for a reason. It removes the inhibitions that prevent people from saying what they want to say when sober.

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like he's not sure. Might be he's confused over his own feelings. And he used drinking as a form of loosing up to u. Maybe he's afraid to say how he feels

• he was trying to get some...
    he isn't worth it
    and didn't mean it

• Blah blah blah, Just wants to keep you interested lol. Just tell him you're gay so he will leave you alone and stop with his MANIPULATIVE bull crap. He's not actually into you, he's just an ego maniac.. how cute right? lmao...