Why is he so completely determined to completely cut me out of his life when we ended on good terms?

This sounds stupid.
My ex broke up with me a month ago because he was suffering with depression and didn't have the energy for a relationship.
He now doesn't acknowledge me and avoids eye contact and/or me if possible, and last night he unfollowed me on Instagram, which sounds stupid but it hurts because it's just another way of trying to erase me? He still follows girls he used to date too so he specifically made the effort to delete me.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• i did this to a girl i loved... n now im suffering the pain of my life xD

• Why is he doing it though?

• He was suffering from depression, he ended it with me a few weeks ago because he didn't have the energy

• hmm thats weird... id want my girl more then anything if i was depressed..., maybe he's moved on...

Most Helpful Girl

• He's going for a clean break. On good terms or not, the result is the same, right? You're not with each other anymore. That can be a difficult realization to cope with, and an awkward situation to handle, even if it was necessary. However, it's easier to move on from when you're not often reminded of the other person. Out of sight, out of mind.

I think you should do the same. It might be hard at first, but you'll feel better later. And move on faster - no doubt to newer and better things. Best of luck.