Why is he so completely determined to completely cut me out of his life when we ended on good terms?

This sounds stupid.
My ex broke up with me a month ago because he was suffering with depression and didn't have the energy for a relationship.
He now doesn't acknowledge me and avoids eye contact and/or me if possible, and last night he unfollowed me on Instagram, which sounds stupid but it hurts because it's just another way of trying to erase me? He still follows girls he used to date too so he specifically made the effort to delete me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i did this to a girl i loved... n now im suffering the pain of my life xD

0|0
    0|0
    • Why is he doing it though?

• Show All
    • He was suffering from depression, he ended it with me a few weeks ago because he didn't have the energy

• hmm thats weird... id want my girl more then anything if i was depressed..., maybe he's moved on...

Most Helpful Girl

• He's going for a clean break. On good terms or not, the result is the same, right? You're not with each other anymore. That can be a difficult realization to cope with, and an awkward situation to handle, even if it was necessary. However, it's easier to move on from when you're not often reminded of the other person. Out of sight, out of mind.

I think you should do the same. It might be hard at first, but you'll feel better later. And move on faster - no doubt to newer and better things. Best of luck.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• One things for sure... the guy still is suffering from depression no questions asked but he very much still loves you. Yet, dragging you along with his rollercoaster life is not what he wants for you. He obviously cares too much for you to put you through that. So he's trying his best to cut all ties with you and hopes that one day you'll only be left over ash from that fire that was once lit.

0|0
    0|0
  • To be honest I have doubts that the reason why he broke up with you is actually the real reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's the point of having baggage and dead weight in your life? I cut all my exes out of my life too.

It's easier to move on that way and I don't want any excess baggage as I move into a new relationship.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes